mike539

Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
NE Penna
New channel coming to D*
Channel #330 BET J
to be launched on 3/1/06
Got to D* website and click on channel line-up

Beet jazz since you decided to stop 3 letters short ;)

But thanx I'll add it to my comparison chart. :)

mike539 said:
New channel coming to D*
Channel #330 BET J
to be launched on 3/1/06
Got to D* website and click on channel line-up

Great Jazz channel. I used to watch it all the time when I had my C-Band system. Looking forward to seeing it again.

Good channel from what I hear, I have been wanting this on E* for a while. The only thing is I hear they are overhauling the channel March 1 with a name change and change in programming, I hope they don't ruin it by making it more mainstream.

Chris Walker said:
Good channel from what I hear, I have been wanting this on E* for a while. The only thing is I hear they are overhauling the channel March 1 with a name change and change in programming, I hope they don't ruin it by making it more mainstream.

Oh god, could you imagine?, "A Night of Jazz with Ashlee Simpson", kill me now.

Chris Walker said:

If they do something retarded like that, you can just shoot me now.

I've been looking forward to it (BET on Jazz) for the three years since I last had it on Comcrap cable.

damaged said:
Oh god, could you imagine?, "A Night of Jazz with Ashlee Simpson", kill me now.

That or BET 2, which is what I have read it's going to become. It'd be a damn shame if they change the format of this channel just to get wider distribution.

mhking said:
If they do something retarded like that, you can just shoot me now.

I've been looking forward to it (BET on Jazz) for the three years since I last had it on Comcrap cable.

Yea it's relaunching as "BET J" on March 1, which is when Directv is launching it. From what I read, it's going to focus more on the "lifestyle and culture" and adding more BET shows.

Eric Goempel said:
It is funny that just 1 week ago D* said they were adding NO new channels this year!!

Not really, they also said there would be no price increases for 2006 either...they have some serious internal communication issues over there.

ClemSole said:
Just another waste of channel usage. Another one to delete.

It may be to you, but many of us are looking forward to it. You may not care for Jazz, but for anyone that does, this channel is GREAT.

At least they aren't adding the Tennis Channel or at least not yet. They need to add more sports channels like the Outdoor Channel since they are flecking charging $12 a month for like 5 or 6 channels and 3 of them really suck!

Roger, DirecTV has the outdoor channel and it's in the sports pack

I wrote "They need to add more sports channels like the Outdoor Channel"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts