New Channels Next Week?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I still await Disney HD, Nick HD, MTV HD, VH1 HD, FSN South HD, the full HBO suite in HD as well as more of the Starz Multipack (Encore) in HD. Whereas alot of people seem to have most of the channels they wanted already in HD, I must be in a smaller percentage that has a bunch of channels that I watch that I still have a few months (or more) to wait on. Also, to comment on Cartoon Network HD...toons look amazing in native HD, but they still look very nice even if upconverted SD. Most of what I've seen on CN HD is great even though the HD offerings are slim.
What about the Travel Channel? Any chance of getting that in HD?

NBC News just moved into brand new facilities and that includes MSNBC. I hope they go HD soon. Comedy Central has been mentioned here as well as the MTV-VH1 channels. Besides those, I'm really not missing anything besides the classic movie channels. I'm enjoying MGMHD a lot and would like AMC & FMC in HD. I spend more time with them that I had first thought.

I would like to throw TCM into that mix, the more movies the better.

Since many of these networks are still not broadcasting a lot of their programs in HD I guess most of us would welcome more HD content from the networks over how many channels are capable of displaying HD. Now that would be progress.

Since many of these networks are still not broadcasting a lot of their programs in HD I guess most of us would welcome more HD content from the networks over how many channels are capable of displaying HD. Now that would be progress.

What 1 channel broadcasts has nothing to do with what another broadcasts. More channels = more choice.

IMHO, I'd rather have a network up in HD even if they did only 1 hour of HD per week vs. waiting until they have a majority of their programming in HD, especially if that 1 hour is a show that I watch. Even if a progam isn't sourced in HD the upconvert done at the point of orgin will usually be better then taking a SD channel and having your STB or TV do the upconvert (except for the *#@$^^ channel that stretch 4x3 to 16x9).

I'd would actually not mind if they didnt add more channels til next month and devoted some attention to the audio sync problem. kinda aggrevating sometimes- :rolleyes:

my 700 aint tooooo bad. it seems worse on a recorded HD program, esp. on Science HD. I either just stop the program and get to live tv and restart it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts