New Channels With That Price Increase????

OLN wouldn't cost us anything because you can bet charlie's not giving us a discount for taking it away...But YES would add cost to us and I don't think it's coming anyways...

Tom Bombadil said:
And yet there are many people on this forum that want Dish to add YES and the OLN hockey package into at least AT180. Which would likely lead to yet another price increase.

I would like to see a sports package become separate since it would definitely make Dish more competitive with FoxTV in the $40 price range.
Tony what's this International music feed. Is it crappy Tribal sh*t or what?

It's just like that Dish Network advertisement that has this old lady saying 'Fagetaboutit' (may have it mispelled).

Sarang said:
I would like to see a sports package become separate since it would definitely make Dish more competitive with FoxTV in the $40 price range.
Tony what's this International music feed. Is it crappy Tribal sh*t or what?

IMF is a channel owned and run by Universal Music. It features artist all over the world who are signed on Universal, MCA and Mercury Records

As far as paying for more sports programming, why not take it from the profits thay make on a lot of sports fans like myself that pay extra by choice to purchase sports packages like MLB EI, NBA LP, NHL CI, ESPN GP, ESPN FC, etc. I don't care where the profits go, but I hope it helps pay for more programming for all of us, sports or non-sports.

ESPN and other sports channels needs to be seperated if it is going to cost a lot of money. Perhaps having that new family package is the only way to do this.

TNGTony said:
A note on the EKB changes archives:
12/15/04
CNN/FN is off the Air 11:59pm 12/15/04 CNN International Was used as filler programming on CNN FN. It is no longer.

Seems like a lot of people complained about this because they thought CNN-I would fill the channel. CNN-I could never be carried full time in the US, because it exports programming from other US channels. I know The Daily Show is carried on CNN-I.

CNN was on a bad run...didn't CNN-SI shut down the year before?

CNNI is carried by some us cable companies, Voom also carried it

ESPN is the problem. From the Star Ledger newspaper.
Cost per subscriber:
Network 2000 2005 2006
espn $1.14 $2.60 $3.87
TNT .55 .86 .96
Disney .70 .78 .84
USA .36 .45 .52
CNN .35 .40 .44
Fox News .20 .25 .29
A&E .16 .21 .22
History .13 .18 .21
TLC .14 .16 .17
BET .11 .14 .15

scooby2 said:
ESPN is the problem. From the Star Ledger newspaper.
Cost per subscriber:
Network 2000 2005 2006
espn $1.14 $2.60 $3.87
TNT .55 .86 .96
Disney .70 .78 .84
USA .36 .45 .52
CNN .35 .40 .44
Fox News .20 .25 .29
A&E .16 .21 .22
History .13 .18 .21
TLC .14 .16 .17
BET .11 .14 .15

Interesting stats. Any other numbers for the rest of the channel listings?

No offense guys, I would personally love to see the option of having NO SPORTS in my lineup. Allow me that option to cut my subscription price or substitute something else.

Just my two cents...

kvhollis "I would personally love to see the option of having NO SPORTS in my lineup"

I agree, i like watching the super bowl and playoffs, i would like some rugby back, im ok with ppv for those things. so a base package with no sports would be something i would consider.

Well, clearly the FoxNews price hike wasn't the

reason. I'm a Dem and hate FoxNews, but clearly, it wasn't the reason for the rate hike.

IF all they allowed for ala carte was to remove all of the sports channels from the regular line up of channels , it would still save most people money in the yearly price hikes. Sports channels drive the price hikes yearly. I would love to see what all of the sports channels cost each month. I would guess at least $15.00 - $20.00 a month . If removing all sports channels is all we get passed with ala carte, I would feel like they accomplished something.

Mike I think it would also shut most people up who wanted a la carte to save money as well after they noticed how much the sports channels were adding to the cost after they saw the price without it they wouldn't think the cost was that bad. Frankly the ONLY Sports channel I want is ESPN2 and ESPN Classic, 2 because they air the alternative sports like Karate and Classic because they air reruns of "Arli$$".
I have to say there TNT is overpriced, or at least the HD variant considering how they're butchering some movies aired, with the PS resize crap.

ESPN is EXTREMELY!!!!! overpriced. That is a HUGE HUGE understatement. I would like to have that channel removed from my package if ala carte ever gets offered.

I sure hope that's what the cable company pays for all the ESPN channels and not just the main 1

Heres a great idea .75$ to 1.00$ for each station and give us the choice to decide which channels and how many we want. That would please alot. I would cancel all the news and shopping channels that mean nothing to me.

MikeD-C05 said:
IF all they allowed for ala carte was to remove all of the sports channels from the regular line up of channels , it would still save most people money in the yearly price hikes. Sports channels drive the price hikes yearly. I would love to see what all of the sports channels cost each month. I would guess at least $15.00 - $20.00 a month . If removing all sports channels is all we get passed with ala carte, I would feel like they accomplished something.
Which of course means ESPN/Disney will never allow the ESPN channels to be offerred a-la-carte. And I bet any "family package" would include at least some of the ESPN networks.

BTW (base on other comments above not from Mike) Dish and DirecTV are usually within a few dollars for comparable packages. You can be sure DirecTV will be raising prices soon.

Phone line question

Great Instal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)