New Channels With That Price Increase????

drfreeman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 17, 2004
i heard the tennis channels was being uplinked(no biggy!)
and what about that family package?? anyone wanna take a guess
as to what that would include?
i also saw in a post about a new nbc channel?

thanks
Dan

Thye new NBC channel, Sleuth, is the renamed Trio. And MSNBC is dropping the MS and becoming the NBC News Channel.

The family package is being put together so it's nothing but speculation at this point.

New channels with the price increase?
Upstate NY, MSG added
Chicago Area, Comcast Sports Net.

Added Nationally
NFL Network (AT120)
EDIT----ESPN-U (AT180)
CSTV (AT120)
Fox Reality (AT180)
International Music Feed (AT120)
Holistic TV Net (AT60)
Pentagon Channel (AT60)

Removed Upstate NY in 2005
Empire Sports (channel went under)

Removed nationally
OLN - without Hockey (AT180)
Reality TV (channel left US market) (AT180)

Not to mention GINORMOUS price hikes by ABC/Disney/ESPN and Fox in general, FoxNews in particular.

See ya
Tony

Last edited:
rtt2 said:
CNNfn/CNN International - was also removed

Didn't count that because that was last year (2004). I was making note of the changes on 2005 since the last price increase.

A note on the EKB changes archives:
12/15/04
CNN/FN is off the Air 11:59pm 12/15/04 CNN International Was used as filler programming on CNN FN. It is no longer.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
Not to mention GINORMOUS price hikes by ABC/Disney/ESPN

ESPN needs to get money somewhere, so stick it to the subs! Some of their advertisers, even for Sunday night NFL are the type you usually only see after midnight (excercise machines, etc.). Often they are repeated several times.They can't be charging them very much...

The "excersize machine" type commercials on ESPN are more than likely "local avails". These are commercial slots made available for the cable company to sell local commercials. Dish sells these time slots too,

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
Thye new NBC channel, Sleuth, is the renamed Trio. And MSNBC is dropping the MS and becoming the NBC News Channel.

according to several news reports there are no plans to rename MSNBC. I don't know if that's true but that is waht the news stories are saying.

Those sports channels killed us this year, thanks a lot sports fans :(

I've watched 1 game on CSTV and 1 "Game of the Week" on NFL Network

Maybe a family package as a way to get those expensive channels such as some of those sports channels out of a basic package. $5 increase over a period of two years, OUCH!!!

I noticed that this is the 6 th price increase Dish has had now since 2000. I guess we will have to keep forking over the dough to keep the AEP . Makes me wish we had Ala carte now. I would definately cut out the sports channels which are causing all these increases every year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts