New Channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jbrelish

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
With all the fuss of Dish dropping AMC Networks I have a question. What new channels are there out there that Dish can add? I know about all the RSN's and locals, and other specialty sports channels, that's not what I am curious about. And no, don't tell me this or that channel in HD or 3D. Just a straight up list of channels Dish does not currently rebroadcast in any form.

I know there is Fearnet(personally would like to see it added). But beyond that I wouldn't have a clue as what to suggest to Dish. So I know you guys out there are way more informed than I, thus the reason I ask.

That's the reality. There really isn't any "quality" HD channels out their that Dish does not already have, sans AMC and Disney/Espn. What's left is just a few niche channels, a la Fearnet, or even more obscure ones.

The only new channels we get outta the AMC fiasco is "Style" being put where "WE" was etc. ...

With all the fuss of Dish dropping AMC Networks I have a question. What new channels are there out there that Dish can add? I know about all the RSN's and locals, and other specialty sports channels, that's not what I am curious about. And no, don't tell me this or that channel in HD or 3D. Just a straight up list of channels Dish does not currently rebroadcast in any form.

I know there is Fearnet(personally would like to see it added). But beyond that I wouldn't have a clue as what to suggest to Dish. So I know you guys out there are way more informed than I, thus the reason I ask.

There really aren't any that could directly replace AMC or IFC/Sundance. WE could be replaced by Lifetime's third channel. If/when AMC Network channels are gone, Dish will either shuffle down some channels from AT250 or BB@Home. Or do nothing and wait for AMC to give in.

Fearnet, Animenetwork, and Funimation would be nice additions...

All nice additions indeed. But like I mentioned above, not exactly replacements for what's leaving.

I agree, pretty set with HD National channels would be a plus if one day the Disney stuff gets settled, ESPNU would be nice but it's ok.

So far it looks like a 1 for 4 deal. We lose IFC, AMC Sundance and We...In return HD Net....

So far it looks like a 1 for 4 deal. We lose IFC, AMC Sundance and We...In return HD Net....

Problem with that is the majority already had HDnet.They just moved it or simulcast it to 130.So as it stands now its 0 for 1.The other 3 channels are still on for the time being.

As to the original question I agree there aren't that many if any national channels out there that would be worth adding.ESPNu would be nice in HD but that's not gonna happen.Who knows what they will do with Smithsonian.Last I heard it was still uplinked but not available.

Ah yes. The niche channel viewers are rattling their cages....Oy vey.
I know. It sucks that people have varied interests that differ from yours. If only everybody could like the same things, especially the things we are told to like by those entities that sell them to us, it would be such a better place to live.

BBC World News HD. I didn't know there was a TVLand HD but looked it up and sure enough there is. So those 2 plus Fearnet. Thing is if they are added then they will not want to be removed if there is a deal agreed to w/ AMC. So it would be adding all permanently. They should put HD Net Movies in place of AMC. Then the HD Net in place of say Sundance, IFC and maybe the Lifetime channel mentioned previously in the thread for WE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)