New Channels

MHz would be a great addition, and would be a great alternative to the World Pack for those without 118. It has lots of International programming, including the NHK World News. It's available OTA on some local PBS sub-channels, including KCSM 60.2 in the SF Bay area, as well.

"

It's also on Roku, in fact most every one of those channels is on Roku even in other places.

It's also on Roku, in fact most every one of those channels is on Roku even in other places.
A lot of stuff is available on Roku. However, most people would prefer to get the majority of their content from a single device, if possible. It's especially true with DVR users.

The ability of the H/J and 922 to run apps makes them perfect vehicles for things like a MHz app, not to mention HBO GO, ESPN3, BBC World, etc.

A lot of stuff is available on Roku. However, most people would prefer to get the majority of their content from a single device, if possible. It's especially true with DVR users.

The ability of the H/J and 922 to run apps makes them perfect vehicles for things like a MHz app, not to mention HBO GO, ESPN3, BBC World, etc.

I actually don't disagree. (You may never see that again :) ) More for information, if someone really wants to watch most of the news type channels they are available. But you need a good internet connection and it means switching to another device, for some no big deal but it's not for everyone.
It does bring up some of the problem for Dish to provide these channels. If it's available for free should they use satellite space and whatever the operating costs to provide them. I'm hooked on channels like EuroNews or NHK etc.. but I have a feeling the vast majority of subscribers are not, compared to even the least watched other channels.

Fearnet would win back my trust but monsters hd would get a nice 100 former subs that i know of back in a flash.

Count me in on Monsters HD! I loved seeing original Planet of the Apes in Glorious HD.
Also The Day The Earth Stood Still-It never looked better!

Fearnet is just ok. Its not in the same league as Monster HD.

Im sure Voom would bring back more than 100 subs.
It would really be a good PR move by Dish.

I actually don't disagree. (You may never see that again :) ) More for information, if someone really wants to watch most of the news type channels they are available. But you need a good internet connection and it means switching to another device, for some no big deal but it's not for everyone.
It does bring up some of the problem for Dish to provide these channels. If it's available for free should they use satellite space and whatever the operating costs to provide them. I'm hooked on channels like EuroNews or NHK etc.. but I have a feeling the vast majority of subscribers are not, compared to even the least watched other channels.

You do know EuroNews is available in the A La Cart section in My Programing right?.

Count me in on Monsters HD! I loved seeing original Planet of the Apes in Glorious HD.
Also The Day The Earth Stood Still-It never looked better!

Fearnet is just ok. Its not in the same league as Monster HD.

Im sure Voom would bring back more than 100 subs.
It would really be a good PR move by Dish.
There is no Voom to bring back. Cablevision discontinued it in January, 2009.

There really wasn't much of Voom, even when there WAS a Voom. Too many repeats.

gpollock87 said:
that is what alot of people say about FEARnet. look at epix though, you see the same things over and over. at least with FEARnet it's an assortment of horror movies.

That assumes that people prefer horror movie repeats as opposed to regular movie repeats. I'm not sure that's necessarily true.

gpollock87 said:
look at how many asked for FEARnet in this thread lol. I do like to watch epix sometimes and i hope it never leaves dish.

The counter to that is that there are multiple movie channels and only two horror themed channels out there. That would imply that horror channels are much more of a niche market than regular mixed movie channels. Which, by implication, means that horror channels are less popular overall (if they were more popular, there would be more of them and providers would carry them).

The counter to that is that there are multiple movie channels and only two horror themed channels out there. That would imply that horror channels are much more of a niche market than regular mixed movie channels. Which, by implication, means that horror channels are less popular overall (if they were more popular, there would be more of them and providers would carry them).
I would have FEARnet over chiller anyday.

Has anyone noticed that FSC has been airing Sky News Channel live clips (406) in between soccer matches? Dish needs a international news channel that one looks good. I would prefer BBC World but Sky News would do in a pinch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts