New Channels

gpollock87 said:
lol. they haven't even given me a t-shirt.

That's ok, when they start paying you, you can get me one lol. BTW I was just able to get to their website on my phone and it worked.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

piranesi said:
It's amazing how little anyone seems to know about BeIn given that it's scheduled to launch in like 2 1/2 weeks (July 27 I think). Total silence from everyone since May when they hinted they had 2 major carriers.

Perhaps that is due to lack of demand. There are plenty of other channels out there that have more of a demand. Don't get me wrong there is a large market for that channel, just not sure that market is for dish. But then again what do I know. :)

Perhaps that is due to lack of demand. There are plenty of other channels out there that have more of a demand. Don't get me wrong there is a large market for that channel, just not sure that market is for dish. But then again what do I know. :)

Don't listen to him, Charlie! International Soccer is the growth sport of THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!

I'd personally love to see this added. It could replace the long absent GolTV in the 250 pack (even the multisports pack would be great).

thechaz05 said:

I don't know. Dish has a strong market for the international channels.

It's amazing how little anyone seems to know about BeIn given that it's scheduled to launch in like 2 1/2 weeks (July 27 I think). Total silence from everyone since May when they hinted they had 2 major carriers.
Well, the silence is all around, so it is anyone's guess who will have the channel. I hope Dish gets it and prices it as I'd like. I won't lose sleep over it, however. Now if BeIn gets the EPL...

If they don't make themselves known, nobody is going to know or care about the channel.

Opening up a sports channel during the Olympics that doesn't involve the Olympics is surely a bad idea.

Damn, did I just warp back to the 70's? Because people were saying the same thing back then, and we've seen how that has gone.

Not quite a fair comparison. European soccer wasn't really available to anyone in the US in the 70s? People were just starting to think American soccer would take off...and it didn't in part because the play wasn't that great.

There is a big difference now. This year was the first year a US fan could see every single game on the last day of the EPL season. Champions League and Euro 2012 were available and promoted as a big deal as well. That wasn't true back then. Your average old NASL or MISL fan in the 70s-80s had no opportunity to see that stuff and hence no awareness of what they were missing.

The growing spanish-speaking market in the US along with the internet and widespread access to broadcasts not just of your local American team, but of the vast landscape of FIFA and the intense rivalries of EPL, Serie A, and La Liga mean that there is enough value there for either/both Dish or Direct to carry BeIn. People know what's out there and more and more want to see it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)