New channels

Agree with tv land in hd. That's one channel we watch a lot.[/QUOTE

What shows currently on TVLand were made in HD to take advantage of the channel being in HD? I'd say only the new current tv shows such as the one with Betty White. Other than that being in HD isn't really necessary.

it's not really going away, it's just getting rebranded to Fox Sports 2 HD when FS2 launches this summer along with FS1 on what is currently Speed.

I think I heard that the local fox stations would no longer carry ANY sports. Is that accurate? I know the UFC broadcast will be on the new Fox channels. But I find it hard to believe that NASCAR and NFL won't be on national tv anymore. Anyone heard any details on the change?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I think I heard that the local fox stations would no longer carry ANY sports. Is that accurate? I know the UFC broadcast will be on the new Fox channels. But I find it hard to believe that NASCAR and NFL won't be on national tv anymore. Anyone heard any details on the change?

Whaat???

I think you heard wrong or heard some rumors to do with Chase Carey threatening to pull Fox OTA programming and make it a cable only channel. I don't see the NFL wanting to leave OTA any time soon.

I think you heard wrong or heard some rumors to do with Chase Carey threatening to pull Fox OTA programming and make it a cable only channel. I don't see the NFL wanting to leave OTA any time soon.

I thought that sounded nuts as well. That happens sometimes when the iPad sits next to my recliner while watching TV. I get sidetracked and only hear bits and pieces. :)
I know the UFC is planning a PPV caliber show when the new channel becomes available. As long as their all in HD I don't care what channel it comes on.

I thought that sounded nuts as well. That happens sometimes when the iPad sits next to my recliner while watching TV. I get sidetracked and only hear bits and pieces. :)
I know the UFC is planning a PPV caliber show when the new channel becomes available. As long as their all in HD I don't care what channel it comes on.

I hear that. I don't know how many times I've had to hit the jump back on the dvr to see what I missed, because I got distracted reading something else.

I hear that. I don't know how many times I've had to hit the jump back on the dvr to see what I missed, because I got distracted reading something else.

This happens to me all the time while listening to the radio while driving.. Wish my car radio had a skip back button.

Don't you know HD is free for life? (at least that is what they want you to think)

Yeah...sure lol. HBO and Cinemax is free for three months too haha. They sent me a 1000.2 HD dish, so my neighbors think I have HD Lmao. That just occurred to me when my neighbor next door who is a pharmacist asked me how dish HD looked. I told him it was great I stead of explaining I am too cheap to pay for it lol.

Last edited:
Yeah...sure lol. HBO and Cinemax is free for three months too haha. They sent me a 1000.2 HD dish, so my neighbors think I have HD Lmao. That just occurred to me when my neighbor next door who is a pharmacist asked me how dish HD looked. I told him it was great I stead of explaining I am too cheap to pay for it lol.
You do realize that all you need to do get HD Free for Life is to go auto pay and paperless billing don't you? Either that or pay a one time $99 fee. It's that simple and you no longer need to stretch the truth with your neighbor. Try it you might like it....

Agree with tv land in hd. That's one channel we watch a lot.[/QUOTE

What shows currently on TVLand were made in HD to take advantage of the channel being in HD? I'd say only the new current tv shows such as the one with Betty White. Other than that being in HD isn't really necessary.
Actually if it was shot on film then it could be HD. Film still has a better resolution than even HD.

You do realize that all you need to do get HD Free for Life is to go auto pay and paperless billing don't you? Either that or pay a one time $99 fee.

Nope. The $99 option is gone. Glad I got in when I did. I refuse to let Dish Network or anyone else have unfettered access to my bank account.

I read a pretty detailed article yesterday about what to expect when SPEED is converted. From the sound of things, it will include Big 12 and Pac-12 basketball and football, Craftsman Truck Series races, NASCAR countdown shows, MLB games as well as soccer and some more racing series from time to time.

NFL will remain OTA but it did mention the possibility of taking over some Sprint Cup races as early as 2014. I would assume those will be pulled from FOX OTA since ESPN and TNT share the latter part of the schedule.

I read a pretty detailed article yesterday about what to expect when SPEED is converted. From the sound of things, it will include Big 12 and Pac-12 basketball and football, Craftsman Truck Series races, NASCAR countdown shows, MLB games as well as soccer and some more racing series from time to time.

NFL will remain OTA but it did mention the possibility of taking over some Sprint Cup races as early as 2014. I would assume those will be pulled from FOX OTA since ESPN and TNT share the latter part of the schedule.

Yep, I've mentioned all those before as moving to FS1. They had to rework their deal with NASCAR and its coverage in order to rebrand Speed. What that fully entails is still unknown, but I expect some races to move from OTA, which sucks. The Big 12 was aware this is where Fox was going when their Tier 1 and 2 contracts were renewed last year. Like it or not sports is getting close to pricing itself out of the market. TV can't support every team in pro and college having their own channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts