New Chinese Channel package saves $15

aegrotatio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
A Public Bathroom
There is a new 13-channel Taiwanese Mega Pack that saves you $15 over the equivalent alternative combination of two other packages.

If you have Chinese Super Pack ($21.99) and Chinese Variety Pack ($27.99) you will get the very same channels in the Taiwanese Mega Pack for $34.99.

The price for the two Chinese packs is $49.98.
The price for Taiwanese Mega Pack is $34.95.

You'll need to contact customer service to get this new package.
There is no fee to change this over (I believe I paid $5 to turn off my Great Wall package last year, but this time there was no turn-off fee).

The channels you get are exactly the same for $15 less.

Do any of these channels have English subtitles? I keep thinking about subbing to some foreign channel packs for a couple of months and loading up an external hard drive with some different stuff to watch.

It is still not worth it. . ETTV and Sky TV just repeat the same old series over and over and over. Sky TV repeat the same korean series on Sky 2 over and over. The video distributor have many new series on video rental, but they won't put it on pay tv until earning the profit from video rental. Asians usually value the video rental business first, then pay tv.

I was planing to subscribe Skylink TV a few years ago under a different provider, luckily, I did not. I cannot believe the channel has been repeating many drama series back and forth or within a new season. Some drama series has aired on the local channels and Sky does not air them until more rental profit.

When I see $5.99 a month, I cannot believe you need to subscribe to a package first. They should just charge $5.99 without a package.

If you live in an area without any video or cd stores or do not mind watching whatever is on tv, then rather the shows are new or old, it doesn't manner. But, I am calculating what people are paying and what "new" shows are on.

When I see $5.99 a month, I cannot believe you need to subscribe to a package first. They should just charge $5.99 without a package.

I think they make you get a package because of the hardware cost.

By the way, even though the channel repeats often, we don't notice because we use the DVR feature.
The oft-repeated shows are easy to catch on the DVR without conflicting with your OTHER programming.
I like it becuase I'm the one watching the OTHER programming.

If they let me add Skylink with the American TV package, I am adding it. There must be something on I have never seen like Housewives, My Justice Friend and 101 Proposal on Skylink 2.