New client Software For Dishplayer and Sirius Music CH. problems!

Scott41

Original poster
May 19, 2004
Indiana
The new client for Dishplayer has gone from 16914 to 16917 this update was for the 6000 channels for Sirius but now that the channels are on we Dishplayer owners have a problem with the song titles and here's why:

Reason why dishplayer is showing the titles,artist and cd info wrong is because the way Music channels are set up on the dishplayer. ON a reg. receiver (301,2700, any one other than the 7100,7200) when you tune in 900 music channels they have displayed like this:

Title: Something
Artist: Something else
CD: Please buy me

but when you tune to the new 6000's it just shows it like this on Reg. Dish receivers:

Something
Something else
Please buy me

See no Title:,Artist:, or CD: .

So with the current dishplayer software it looks for the Song info after the Title:,Artist:,CD: marks.

With 6000 channels they are not there so the dishplayer is cutting them off by a few chars.

So how do we fix this. The easiest way is to e-mail ceo@echostar.com and let him know that Dishplayer users are getting the short end of the stick when it comes to the new music channels and they all the need to ADD is the Title:,Artist:, CD: part to the 6000 channels and Dishplayer users will be happy. The other option is put in request with Microsoft to have a client update just for this and with status of Dishplayer that it is in I doubt they would do it.

SO LET CHARILE KNOW NOW.....Our numbers are dwindling but we are still here....LONG LIVE DISHPLAYER!!!

Scott

DishPlayer isn't the only unit type with a problem. I think (almost?) all of them do.

I think the programmers weren't given the "go" to design and write the new software until about 10 minutes before it was downloaded. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts