New Comcast commercial, Voom included

Questions

sabo2 said:
So you have second box for your bedroom?

It would help if we knew what you wanted to watch on the second tv. If you want to watch scrambled channels then you would have to have a second box. If your just using it to watch channels under 100 then you don't need a box at all, assuming that your tv has a built in tuner that will auto tune.
I just found your other post where you stated that you wanted to veiw premium channels.
Yes you will need another box, otherwise, you will have to get up and go to the other tv every time you want to change channels.

Sorry about that, I'm trying to figure out how to optimize comcast for the least price. I guess the answer is that the second TV would receive basic cable channels if it were running off the 1st TV which I would set up with a HD box

You could run both TVs from one box, but depending where the box is, you'd need an RF remote to be able to change the channels, say if you were in your bedroom and the box is downstairs, and you would be changing the channels on both TVs. Plus you'd need a way to run the cable from the box to your bedroom from downstairs. It might be more convenient to get a second box so that you can watch different shows on both TVs, and not have to hastle with RF remotes, etc.

My setup is just the 8-way splitter outside my house, they all carry the digital and analog feed, the digital feed needs a box to descramble (most TVs built in the last 10 years or so don't need a box for the analog either, so i'll disclude that portion) which I use an HD one in the living room, SD one in the bedroom (they are both the same type of box i think, just one i'm using the HD feed) and then using analog to all the other rooms.

Analog gets you channels 3-75 or so in my area. I think you can get basic HBO, Cinemax, Showtime and Starz on the analog still, but it's only the one main channel.

Thanks, the way I have or soon to be had Voom set up was as follows: 3 receivers for 3 tv's, fourth tv (bedroom) running off the main tv. i had purchased these cone shaped things (i forgot what they are called) which allow you to to place one on top of one tv, the other on a second tv allowed you to change the channel from the second room (infra red light through the walls). Picked up all the va voom channels.

negreenfield said:
I was on my drive home today and Comcast actually has a commercial about Voom going away and is including us in their ditch the dish get $400 deal. It was kinda funny because it started out as, "1 out of the top 3 satellite providers is closing their doors at the end of the month, but don't worry Voom customers, Comcast has you covered!" and then proceeded to explain that Comcast is offering us the $400 for ditch the dish for us too.

I was already scheduled for Comcast on Saturday the 23rd so I already told the CSR that I had a "satellite service" but expected to be turned down for the $400 when I showed them my Voom receipt, but apparently I'm in good shape. I'm still a little skeptical but I'll find out for sure on Saturday.....

BTW, I dont' know what regions this deal is in but I'm here in Atlanta. The $400 is spread out over 16 months.

I'd l'm anxious to hear your comments on Comcast, especially since I am in the Atlanta (Roswell) area.

scottabs said:
I'd l'm anxious to hear your comments on Comcast, especially since I am in the Atlanta (Roswell) area.
I had the digital cable with HD before Voom, while it was ok, at the time it did not have WB or ABC in HD, which drove me nuts for Monday night football, and my wife nuts for her WB shows. I didn't have any premiums so my HD channel number was about 5. It's been almost a year since I've had Comcast, I'll report back this weekend after tomorrow's install...

Update: Got Comcast installed on Saturday morning, happened to be watching Real Madrid vs Valencia (man, I'm going to miss this, KungFu, and Monsters) and the guy asks, "What is this??". He was from Africa and seemed to be a big soccer fan so stood there watching for almost 5 minutes before we finally hooked up Comcast. Anyway, the guy never asked for any receipt or anything and had never heard of Voom, but hopefully I'll still get the $25 a month.

Anyway, my wife loves the On-demand already, the PQ is pretty decent, and the DVR is something I've been wanting for the longest time, and it's great to finally have it. Obviously going from 39 to 15 HD channels kinda sucks, and INHDs haven't had a single thing on yet I want to see (or anything in the near future checking the PG), but they do have TNT and all of the major locals so I guess it'll have to do for now...

Check your guide TNT-HD was added this weekend across the USA for Comcast, but if your local Comcast doesn't have bandwith space it will be a while. My TNT-HD will be added on Tuesday. Universal-HD is next on the list maybe next month. Since ADS has started it will free up more bandwith.

negreenfield said:
Update: Got Comcast installed on Saturday morning, happened to be watching Real Madrid vs Valencia (man, I'm going to miss this, KungFu, and Monsters) and the guy asks, "What is this??". He was from Africa and seemed to be a big soccer fan so stood there watching for almost 5 minutes before we finally hooked up Comcast. Anyway, the guy never asked for any receipt or anything and had never heard of Voom, but hopefully I'll still get the $25 a month.

Anyway, my wife loves the On-demand already, the PQ is pretty decent, and the DVR is something I've been wanting for the longest time, and it's great to finally have it. Obviously going from 39 to 15 HD channels kinda sucks, and INHDs haven't had a single thing on yet I want to see (or anything in the near future checking the PG), but they do have TNT and all of the major locals so I guess it'll have to do for now...

roachxp said:
Check your guide TNT-HD was added this weekend across the USA for Comcast, but if your local Comcast doesn't have bandwith space it will be a while. My TNT-HD will be added on Tuesday. Universal-HD is next on the list maybe next month. Since ADS has started it will free up more bandwith.
I wonder if by some huge coincidence it was added during my install, but I could've sworn when i first turned it on I didn't have it, but then I looked about 20 minutes later when my box had been completely activated - unlocking the premium channels, I noticed it was there.

Just got my order put through... they come tomorrow. 1st 6 months is $49 with broadband, next six months $89.

No Contract... etc... some CSRs don't think "Voom" counts for their "Dish" buyback program... dorks! I had to call like 3 times in order to get it....

I'm in S. Florida.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)