New Letter From Voom

ralphfr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
Received a form letter from VOOM this weekend. It stated that my service would end on 4/30 and that no further action was required on my part. Thanked me for being a loyal customer.

Sounds to me like they're leaving the equipment in our hands. Any other opinions from reading the letter?

I also received the letter. Here's what it stated:

"As we recently notified you on-screen and as you may have also read in the newspapers or on our website, the VOOM service is being terminated on April 30th. The notice period is designed to provide you an opportunity to transition to another television service provider. We are currently reviewing customer accounts in preparation for final statement delivery and service termination.

There is no action you need to take at this time, other than to contact a new service provider. We have valued our relationship, and thank you for being a loyal VOOM customer."

Notice that "There is no action you need to take at this time" means in the mean time. They could turn around after 5/1 and ask for the equipment.

"The Eyes See What The Heart Wants"

I do now remeber reading that Sean. Just wishful thinking I guess. :eek:

They better send any requests for the equipment by certifed mail. I forsee all future mail from VOOM to my address as being lost! :D

It was sad to see a black-and-white letter from VOOM in a black-and-white envelope... :(

That's exactly what I was thinking......

They're trying to save as much money as they can in the end. The black and white letters don't mean anything except their trying to use cheap photocopying techniques to save what few bucks they can in the end after spending out hundreds of millions of dollars on the whole satellite company.

If they would have released the dvr back in November would it have worked? I'd have to say yes. I do belive it was working back then. Was it finished? Apparently not but they could have sent us updates on a nightly basis as well to show us that atleast they cared. There is a good chance that VOOM may have made it. Now you'll saying that they're trying to save money by sending us black & white photocopies of the shut down letter. If you ask me, they're spending more money on sending out those letter than just email us and putting it on the VOOM menu. It really doesn't matter if they save .05 cents for color copy instead of a black & white copy. If cablevision was trying to save money then they would have also included a copy of our final bill as well. It would have saved an envelope, a stamp and and they both the notice and bill could have been put on the same piece of paper. That amounts to about $0.50 per customer I believe.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program: "VOOM's Last Days"

Now I Get It!!!!!!!!

I just realized why VOOM failed. VOOM only appealed to k'noodniks that care about the color of their stationery!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Form Letter

The form letter was a copy of the e-mail that they sent out last week. Another reason they lost so much money one hand didn't know what the other was doing!

Maybe they want you to keep the equipment, incase something starts up again in the near future. If someone did buy and start up a new service, the receivers would already be out there waiting to go.
As far as logo letters, voom is dead as is, and the logo is meaningless now.

VegasVoomer said:
They didnt need to send a letter at all. How could you NOT see the message after pressing the voom button.

I guess after the last go around with the threatened but retracted shut down they wanted to make it official.

VegasVoomer said:
They didnt need to send a letter at all. How could you NOT see the message after pressing the voom button.
I never read those messages because they always advertised a movie on a channel I couldn't get. I just received my letter as well.

VaVaVamos Voom. :(

goodluck getting back the receivers!

I can remember 4 cancellations.... and one time waiting nearly 4 hours for Installs to show-up before I got a phone call that they were having problems with the install van and would need to reschedule. On another occasion I waited 3 hours and got a call from the installer that he would be at my house in a little over 3 hours...someone called in sick and he was covering for them.

So, when it comes time for them to need something from me this should be fun!
The question is how many times can I make them waste their time driving to my house. I should be home between 8am and 5pm...on Monday...or Tuesday...or Thursday... :D hee hee!!!!

haystp said:
I can remember 4 cancellations.... and one time waiting nearly 4 hours for Installs to show-up before I got a phone call that they were having problems with the install van and would need to reschedule. On another occasion I waited 3 hours and got a call from the installer that he would be at my house in a little over 3 hours...someone called in sick and he was covering for them.

So, when it comes time for them to need something from me this should be fun!
The question is how many times can I make them waste their time driving to my house. I should be home between 8am and 5pm...on Monday...or Tuesday...or Thursday... :D hee hee!!!!

LMAO. Yep I'm gonna do the same thing to my installers. Left me hanging numerous times, and I even stayed home from work so I was here, I was *cough* sick :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)