New Comcast Sub

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Yeah....hell froze over

I now have Comcast. 1st time with cable since 2002.
Moved yesterday to an apartment that basic cable is included in rent so got a cablecard and its in the Tivo (no way in HELL I'd get a SD box)

Reactions: Tyralak
Tivo Series 3 HD
(The Roamio is the OTA one so no cable card slots in them)

Took 3 tries and 2 cards but it works :)
1st card we tried two times to activate it and it woudlnt work. So had to drive the 10 miles back to the Comcast store to get a new card. New one worked right away (well after an update)
What was weird is the 1st one said "Cisco" on the screen yet it was a Scientific Atlanta card

So I'm saving the $10 "HD fee" (anything above the base package we pay for) and I can still use my Tivo

Reactions: osu1991 and Troch77
I have an antenna set up on the deck but for some reason my NBC wont come in (all stations are LOS and 26 miles away)
Its on VHF High (RF11) but so is FOX (RF9) and that works

My biggest thing to get use to is the channel numbers
Having an OTA setup for 2 years I'm use to pushing 12-1 for CBS or 5-2.....and satellite before that for 10 years

Having to put in 804 for CBS is going to be weird. ....the last time I had cable there was NO HD (2002) ;)

You probably know this, but in case not. If you come across a cheap Roamio Basic or a parts one, grab it and take the cable card bracket out and put it in your Roamio OTA. Everything is there for the OTA to work with cable, it just needs the cable card bracket to be able to put a cable card in it

You probably know this, but in case not. If you come across a cheap Roamio Basic or a parts one, grab it and take the cable card bracket out and put it in your Roamio OTA. Everything is there for the OTA to work with cable, it just needs the cable card bracket to be able to put a cable card in it
already on the lookout for it ;)
but the Roamio I am paying monthly
The Series 3 is lifetime and a 2TB drive in it ;)

Reactions: osu1991 and Troch77
Hopefully they cover the fees included (Broadcast and RSN fee if there is one) and not just give us a credit on the "base package" ;)

Comcast is a worthy alternative, IMHO. Went to Mediacom a year ago to save $70 a month for TV, Internet and phone. But Mediacom doesn't have must-see channels for me such as MLB, NHL and NBA. You feel it when so many games are unavailable for streaming because they're carried nationally on those channels.

Interesting that you have both in your area.
Here its one or the other. Comcast in Minneapolis and the burbs. Mediacom in the "outer outer burbs"

oh gotcha ;)
Yeah there are areas here where the Telco has a competition but some cases its not economically feasable. As example in New Prague (about 1/2 hour from Minneapolis) its Comcast and Bevcomm (the Telco there). I was looking at prices because I thought I would move there. For internet and cable it was a $35 difference and the Bevcomm internet was slower than Comcast.

Hopefully they cover the fees included (Broadcast and RSN fee if there is one) and not just give us a credit on the "base package" ;)
I dont know if there is a RSN fee (didnt see it on the bill) but yeah they get me for the Broadcast fee

Broadcast TV Fee
$1.50

So I have a bill here for like $2 (fee + taxes and such)
But I read I should get a 2.50 credit for the cable card in "owned equipment" and I didnt see that so I will have to call them about it

They raised my Broadcast TV fee to $4.50. I think it's time to renegotiate with Comcast again. I know they can't negotiate on the below the line fees, but maybe they can come with a cheaper package for me.

Apparently Comcast says that the Broadcast TV Fee can be up to $5 depending on the market. And since almost all my local channels except one are owned by huge conglomerates now, I guess they have made Comcast pay. It probably also doesn't help that CBS changed affiliates, partially due to the fact that CBS wanted higher reverse compensation payments, and the new affiliate was willing to pay the price. I'm sure I'm now paying for that :/

Apparently Comcast says that the Broadcast TV Fee can be up to $5 depending on the market. And since almost all my local channels except one are owned by huge conglomerates now, I guess they have made Comcast pay.
same here
CBS, FOX and MY owned by the network
NBC-Tegna (Gannett)
CW-Sinclair

ABC is owned by Hubbard (family company based here in St Paul...they do own a few stations in NY and NM along with all the ABC's licensed in MN)

I wish Comcast would add 2 of the Ion subs (Qubo and Ion Life). Dont need 24/7 shopping (already have enough of those) and QVC & HSN are already on it

But I read I should get a 2.50 credit for the cable card in "owned equipment" and I didnt see that so I will have to call them about it
called them today and the rep was able to give me the credit. He thought it was "automatically credited" and I told him it wasn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts