New commercials in old recordings

Tugboat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
I thought I was losing my mind for a minute. I was watching a show I recorded a year ago and moved to the EHD. I usually skip commercials, but got distracted and let some play. I was listening and could have sworn there was an MSNBC commercial about the last Presidential Debate in LV, NV. I looked up and saw it, so I started jumping back through the commercials again, but I couldn't find it. I noted them all and there wasn't an MSNBC. I did this multiple time and noted every commercial I found fast scanning back and forth.

I then gave up and let them play again. That's when it happened again. This time I noted two commercials that are new/newer. There was one for Koch Industries and one for the MSNBC coverage of the last Presidential debate. I wasn't going crazy.

Is this something new with Dish? If we don't skip commercials, are they going to be adding new and current ones?

Thanks

I was watching the same show in full screen and also PIP the other day. The two were exactly the same but then when the commercials started the main screen had a Dish commercial and the PIP screen showed the national commercial.

Reactions: pattykay
It was something I hadn't seen before and hadn't heard of it being done. Didn't expect to see a commercial from 2016 showing up in a recording from 2015. I went back over it, once more, and found that when they insert it, it cuts off a bit of the current commercial and there's a slight glitch in the image.

Well it's good to know I'm not crazy chasing down phantom commercials.

It was something I hadn't seen before and hadn't heard of it being done. Didn't expect to see a commercial from 2016 showing up in a recording from 2015. I went back over it, once more, and found that when they insert it, it cuts off a bit of the current commercial and there's a slight glitch in the image.

Well it's good to know I'm not crazy chasing down phantom commercials.
I had never seen or heard about a current commercial being inserted either.

This is really good to know. So, I can record my favorite programs today, watch them in a couple of months, and they won't have any of those Trump/Clinton BS commercials in them? Sounds like a plan.

If you "skip back" you won't see it, but once you let it play forward again, it will reinsert. I tried it three times and it added it each time I let the commercials play without interruption.

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts