new computer?

Medsport

Original poster
Mar 5, 2013
United States
I've about had it with my 10 year old computer. I've already added all the RAM I can and had it fixed for viruses twice in the past several years, but now it is locking up when on the internet frequently and takes forever to boot back up. So I finally found what looks like a decent computer for someone on a budget, an HP Pavilion P7-1510 desktop, which is $130 off right now plus a $25 gift card at my local office max. The reviews sound good except for some people not likely the win8. Anyway, my main concern is I'm not really up-to-date on the technical issues of transferring stuff from one computer to another. I guess there isn't really a lot I need to transfer except for a few resumes and other documents and maybe my anti-virus software. But I'm not sure how easy it will be to install my old monitor, printer, modem and router? The modem is from the cable company and I'm hoping you just hook it up and it works? The monitor is a dell and the printer is a brother. I'm guessing I would have to find the discs to those to intall? The router I just got about a month ago so will that install fairly easily? Is there anything else I'm forgetting or will this be too much of a headache to try on my own without calling someone to help?

Check and see if there is a Win7/Win8 driver for your printer. Everything else shouldn't be a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)