New copyright protection on HBO????

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The problem with the solution that is offered is that when presented with HDCP protected content, the HD DVR is supposed to disable the component output.

We know from the early history of the HR20 that it works.

Yes. With me unplugging the HDMI cable from the receiver allows the component to work. I've got a trouble ticket in with D*. Waiting to hear back from them.

S~

One of my customers has the same problem. Still no fix or how to fix.

Hmmmm. They must have looked into it without getting back to me. I just turned to 509 using the component (HDMI still plugged into the receiver) and it works for the first time in like 3 months.

S~

First time I've seen this message when I tried tuning in to channel 509 today to watch "Independence Day"

"Your TV does not support this program's content protection. Replacing the TV's HDMI cable with a component cable will allow you to view the program"

What the hell?? I want to stay full digital with HDMI!!!
I bought a Sony DVD Player two months ago. I have record from allmost everything on demand and premium channels. The thin is that HBO is the only channel that don't leting me make a copy for me. When a push record the player advised you that the recorded is protected. It sucks. One copy for my collection, don't make sence.

I bought a Sony DVD Player two months ago. I have record from allmost everything on demand and premium channels. The thin is that HBO is the only channel that don't leting me make a copy for me. When a push record the player advised you that the recorded is protected. It sucks. One copy for my collection, don't make sence.

Sony's are notorious for seeing false copy protection. Go to AVS and check out their DVD recorder forum for lots of info on recording.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)