New Customer...already had bad experience

48shooter

Original poster
Nov 9, 2004
So I just signed up with Dish last week and my install date was this past Tuesday 2/8. After waiting the allotted 4 hour time span, I called up the 1-800 number to make it known that the installer never showed up and didn't bother to call. 30 minutes of on-hold music later, the CSR says that the installer had no intentions of showing because the HD receiver that I ordered was out of stock. They claimed that the company called me the night before to tell me the bad news, but no call was ever made, if there was I would not have taken the day off of work to be at home for the installer. The CSR was at least a nice guy...he just couldn't do anything that would calm me down. After all of this I now have to wait until a week from today to get service, and the only thing that the CSR COULD do for me was give me a month's service free. My biggest problem is not with DISH itself but with the installer, but I have absolutely no way of contacting them. Anyway, hopefully in a week I'll be up and running. :)

Yeah that sux. I have been in that situation several times. I call our office and let them know that I don't have equipment and they are supposed to call the customer and reschedule. Often it doesn't happen. In my situation I do not call the customers myself because I don't want them to get a hold of my cell phone number. It sounds lame, but I get harrassed for something that is not my fault. I hope you enjoy your new service. :)

LM

48shooter said:
So I just signed up with Dish last week and my install date was this past Tuesday 2/8. After waiting the allotted 4 hour time span, I called up the 1-800 number to make it known that the installer never showed up and didn't bother to call. 30 minutes of on-hold music later, the CSR says that the installer had no intentions of showing because the HD receiver that I ordered was out of stock. They claimed that the company called me the night before to tell me the bad news, but no call was ever made, if there was I would not have taken the day off of work to be at home for the installer. The CSR was at least a nice guy...he just couldn't do anything that would calm me down. After all of this I now have to wait until a week from today to get service, and the only thing that the CSR COULD do for me was give me a month's service free. My biggest problem is not with DISH itself but with the installer, but I have absolutely no way of contacting them. Anyway, hopefully in a week I'll be up and running. :)
Call a local dealer instead of DISH someone you can look in the eyes you might get better service and the price probably will be the same. Of course you can wait until DISH stands you up again, and post again.

I agree, we have a few Dish people/Audio places etc that sell dish, they have always been superb on service. Local service is best way to go if possible.

Definately stick with a local retailer.

In many cases that is all Local retailers work with, Dish network and Directv. And in most cases local satellite retailers (not the cell phone shops or Radio Shack) have their own crew of installers.

welcome to satelliteguys and the frustrations of dish network. come back and visit often. you will find easy answers to all your dish network problems here.

I lucked out when it came to the installation and package through Dish.
I got the 180 pack, free HD 6 months bought the 921 so I got 4 rooms of service and no dvr fee and no commitment at all. My installer was good, at first I thought it was not going to go well but after watching the dude for a bit it was easy to see he knew what he was doing and was good at it. My 921 works good considering what I have read and the only issues I have seen with it is a very occasional pink line going up the screen on Fox and CBS OTA HD feeds. My timer always fires, it doesn't miss a beat. Format works 98% of the time, pixelization and jitters only last for a couple days and been good for 6 weeks now. Yes I'm knocking on wood and crossing all my digits. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)