New customer charges???

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
Trying to get a co-worker moved from Direct to Dish. He wanted an HD dvr, as well as a SD dvr. He going to do a 4 room set up. He was told no charge for the equipment. Sounds great so he sets up the order. When he looked online at his order he noticed an equipment item he didn't ask for. When he called to ask about it, he was then told he would be charged 100 bucks for the second DVR. Is that right? I don't remember them doing that for my second 722. We are using the clubdish referral by the way.

Tell him to cancel the order, then have him call Dishstore.

id call dish and double ck, my brother had something like this, they charged him a fee but, they refunded so much off bill per month till he got all of his money back, also could it be for 2nd month dish requies a month in advance if i remember right.. been so long im not sure

Ok. I called and Claude is going to call me when he gets back from lunch. Will we still be able to use the clubdish referral code?
He should be able to once the original order is canceled.

According to the Business Rules, a customer will have to pay to have a second dual tuner DVR. You only get the 1st receiver as a free upgrade.

He should be able to once the original order is canceled.

Thanks for the help. Claude said he will honor my our referral and he will also give my friend the Dishstore rebate as well. Claude and his folks at the Dishstore rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks's Claude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:up:up:up

According to the Business Rules, a customer will have to pay to have a second dual tuner DVR. You only get the 1st receiver as a free upgrade.

You are correct. Claude said the same thing.

The OP is new customer, not upgrading customer.

My friend is the new customer, not me. I was asking on his behalf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)