New customer deals for July 2011

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

floorlizard

Original poster
May 13, 2011
Georgia
I spoke to a DTV representave inside a Walmart store yesterday. He stated that the new customer deals will be changing on July 1 and that it is VERY similar to the current deal. He did say that they MAY allow additional HD receivers (maybe DVR) at no additional cost. Does anybody know if the deal is changing 7-1 and what the deal is?

Also, I am finding that there are "unpublished" deals out there that can net additional "cash cards" from certain retailers. Does anybody know about anything better than the Sam's Club and Costco deals ($180 cash card in both cases).

Thanks!

It would be nice if some of us long time subs (11 yrs for me) could get some deals. I'm pretty ticked off about new subs getting $30 a month off the package prices AND getting FREE Sunday Ticket on top of that, while we veteran subs have to pay full price for the packages and over $300 for Sunday Ticket. I feel like I'm being priced out of DirecTV. I mean I really like D*, but I don't think those of us who have had the service for years should have to pay to supplement new subscribers. The only thing I've gotten from D* over the years is a free pay-per-view movie. Big deal! How about a break on the package prices, or maybe on Sunday Ticket. I know some of you are probably going to recommend that I call customer service to complain and they MAY cut me some sort of deal...but honestly I shouldn't have to do that and neither should any of you.

He did say that they MAY allow additional HD receivers (maybe DVR) at no additional cost.

It's probably additional HD (non-DVR) receivers FREE - provided you ALSO add WHD service, since ONLY HD receivers will work with WHD.

But it doesn't really matter in MPEG4 markets like mine - since they ONLY install HD receivers now... :) ;)

It would be nice if some of us long time subs (11 yrs for me) could get some deals. I'm pretty ticked off about new subs getting $30 a month off the package prices AND getting FREE Sunday Ticket on top of that, while we veteran subs have to pay full price for the packages and over $300 for Sunday Ticket. I feel like I'm being priced out of DirecTV. I mean I really like D*, but I don't think those of us who have had the service for years should have to pay to supplement new subscribers. The only thing I've gotten from D* over the years is a free pay-per-view movie. Big deal! How about a break on the package prices, or maybe on Sunday Ticket. I know some of you are probably going to recommend that I call customer service to complain and they MAY cut me some sort of deal...but honestly I shouldn't have to do that and neither should any of you.

I agree with you 100 %.

However, you can call and ask and they will more than likely work something out with you ST wise at the very least.
No need to threaten to cancel or complain, just tell them what you said here.

Thanks Jimbo maybe I will do that this year and take my chances. I love Sunday Ticket and would hate to lose it but I, along with just about everyone else, cannot afford the steep price. So I think I will take your suggestion.

I have learned that yelling, and complaining doesn't get u anywhere with any company.

I called in last yr, I said I am not happy with the price hike on the Ticket, and the CSR said let me take a look, i also mentioned how people were getting the ticket to go free if they had Superfan previously. Which I had before I left, but it wouldn't have been a big deal. So they transfered me to the dept for the ticket. And I probably could of gotten more off, but they offered 60.00 off the reg price last yr, plus the to go for FREE(for my dad). I will likely call in and just see what offers are out there again. But i am happy to pay for th Ticket.

Ive also since then, have gotten the MLB EI for way less, mainly due to credits off the EI package, and my ultimate package. And of course my anniversary gift(s) of 2 HD-DVR receivers FREE.

I have been a DirecTV customer since 06, 07, 08, was off from them in 09(which was the yr I missed out on sunday ticket), then 2010 and now 2011. And honestly, like any other company they DONT neccessarly need to give out stuff free. Atleast thats my feeling. But after getting the receivers, I politely thanked them, and was on my way, and loving my HR24 that I got, along with a HR20.

I agree it isnt fair that new customers get all the stuff free, it is just DirecTVs way of getting more subscribers. Plus from my understanding from what I have heard here and other places, once your 2yr deal is up, they likely will call or you can call, and they offer free equipment, new customer deals, etc..... And yes it requires a 2yr commitment. But honestly, I have no issues with the 2yrs. Ive had TWC, Dish and DirecTV and DirecTV is by far the best of all 3. Unlike with cell phone services, now thats another story, lol.

Well if we have enough people calling to cancel Sunday Ticket they may lower the price :).
Since a good % of satellite community visits this site :)

Once you past that one year mark you never can get those sign up incentive deals again unless you cancel and and go back a year later. The sticker shock sets in in month 13.:eek: Were the ones supporting all the deals they give away to the newbees.

I think that customer promotions can last past your first year deals. I know for me when I have called they have seen I have been a sub for a while and ask politely if there are any savings for my account. Good luck and I would agree call and see what they can do for you. I recently got a second hr 24 for 99 I know that extends contract but don't see myself going anywhere

Once the NFL gets there agreement I will be calling to see if anything can be offered for Sunday ticket. I would love the option of just trying red zone but that's for another topic

Once you past that one year mark you never can get those sign up incentive deals again unless you cancel and and go back a year later. The sticker shock sets in in month 13.:eek: Were the ones supporting all the deals they give away to the newbees.

not really. They've had discounts for year 2 for a while now (a little less than a year)

bbixler said:
Looks like you can get free Sunday Ticket with Choice Xtra now....old offer was Choice Ultimate.

I subbed last month with the ultimate deal. I wonder if I can change to Xtra and keep the same rebates?

I just installed today from Dish and I wonder the same thing. Its only $5 a month, but still there is nothing I want that the choice xtra package doesn't have.

I subbed last month with the ultimate deal. I wonder if I can change to Xtra and keep the same rebates?

I think you can but it's best to contact them and ask. I downgraded my package after 6 months of installation and I kept all the rebates and discounts. There's a minimum package that you need to subscribe to.

Just called into customer service and the rep wasn't sure and couldn't find any documentation saying that I had to stay on the ultimate package. Neither does the fine print I printed out. So she dropped down to Xtra, confirmed that the free Sunday Ticket remained on the account and then annotated it that I was promised I could drop down to Xtra and keep my Sunday ticket.

I just installed today from Dish and I wonder the same thing. Its only $5 a month, but still there is nothing I want that the choice xtra package doesn't have.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)