New customer deals for July 2011

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is that for NEW subs ONLY ?
If I UPGRADE to Choice Xtra, can I get the ST deal ?

I would say for new subs only since that's what the title of the OP's thread is......"New Customer Deals for July 2011"

I guess you could try and call but I was only providing the new customer deal in this thread.

I wonder if I call them and ask them if they would give me the same deal if I switch my grandfathered Total Choice Plus to Choice Extra?

Let me do that right now

Didn't get ST for free, but they did give me $10 off my bill for 12 months and I told them about me not getting the credit on my last bill for my 24 months fee HD and she gave me another $10 off this month and reset my 24 months to start over.

All I did was call, asked for promotions, asked them if they can give me free ST, she said she couldn't, but instead gave me the credits. Very nice lady too.

Cool deal for me
DTV statement.png

Last edited:
I wonder if I call them and ask them if they would give me the same deal if I switch my grandfathered Total Choice Plus to Choice Extra?

Let me do that right now

This is what I was thinking about ....

What did they have to say about the Slow channel changing ?

So, did you end up changing packages or keeping the TC+ ?

The only difference between Ultimate and Choice Xtra is Ultimate has Encore and Movie Channel

Choice Ultimate also has Sundance Channel and the following SonicTap channels:
SonicTap: Holidays & Happenings
SonicTap: Italian Bistro Blend
SonicTap: Tranquility

I am one of those evil newbies that just joined DTV I was a Dish network customer for MANY years, and switched to Mediacom cable for a year......boy what a mistake that was.
Cable TV is just not the answer any more, if there is an outage, it's two days before your back up and running, and you have to take time off work to wait for the cableguy to get here, if you loose signal with Dish or Direct, wait 5 minutes....it will be back.
My package got me the HD DVR, and extra HD receiver, then free SD receivers, but our local dealer says that my area is one of 5% of the Country that only installs HD receivers......HOOORAH.
I am supposed to get the ST if there is a season, or free next year, if not.
I can tell you that with out this deal, I would not have switched to Direct, and the best way to look at it is, the more subs Direct Gets, the more they can spread out the costs, so it can and will keep costs lower in the long run. There won't be as many price increases for regulars.

I am one of those evil newbies that just joined DTV I was a Dish network customer for MANY years, and switched to Mediacom cable for a year......boy what a mistake that was.
Cable TV is just not the answer any more, if there is an outage, it's two days before your back up and running, and you have to take time off work to wait for the cableguy to get here, if you loose signal with Dish or Direct, wait 5 minutes....it will be back.
My package got me the HD DVR, and extra HD receiver, then free SD receivers, but our local dealer says that my area is one of 5% of the Country that only installs HD receivers......HOOORAH.
I am supposed to get the ST if there is a season, or free next year, if not.
I can tell you that with out this deal, I would not have switched to Direct, and the best way to look at it is, the more subs Direct Gets, the more they can spread out the costs, so it can and will keep costs lower in the long run. There won't be as many price increases for regulars.

D* has an increase once a year, typically in Feb/March.

So how is it different to blame the newbies for the regulars getting price hikes, when the Regulars on here are calling in to get a better deal?

Maybe some can start a new topic about new customer deals for July - cause after four pages of replies - this thread ain't it.

www.directv.com

$34.99 for Choice Xtra for 12 months....$65.99 after 12 months
Free HD Service
Free Sunday Ticket
Free movie channels for 3 months
Free HD DVR and HD Receiver upgrade

That is the plan I hope to sign up for this week. Its pretty sweet compared to the 100 dollar a month package I'm paying with cable and only one hd receiver.

I see the deals online do you guys recommend I call and speak with someone in person ? I have 5 Tvs 2 being hd. One of which is a projector. Thanks can't wait for it

sent from my thunderbolt

That is the plan I hope to sign up for this week. Its pretty sweet compared to the 100 dollar a month package I'm paying with cable and only one hd receiver.

I see the deals online do you guys recommend I call and speak with someone in person ? I have 5 Tvs 2 being hd. One of which is a projector. Thanks can't wait for it

sent from my thunderbolt

I suggest you call and order, OR go thru the local installer.

I went with our local retailer, he is the one that told me he only installs HD receivers in my area...if I would have called in, I would have got the HD DVR and one HD. Unless I wanted to pay for another HD at 99 bucks each.

Just signed up coming from cox cable. Great deals going on and supposedly sent a 180. Costco gift card as well. Plus two references discounts I'm at 48 a month with 2 hd boxes and 3 standard for the choice package. Install is tomorrow can't wait.

sent from my thunderbolt

Just signed up coming from cox cable. Great deals going on and supposedly sent a 180. Costco gift card as well. Plus two references discounts I'm at 48 a month with 2 hd boxes and 3 standard for the choice package. Install is tomorrow can't wait.

sent from my thunderbolt

You didn't get the great Sunday Ticket deal ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)