New customer deals?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BatteryDude1975

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Hello, It's been awhile since I was last on here. I have been with Direct for the last 5 years and was with Dish for over 10 years before that.

I like Direct and all, but with price increases and slooooooow receiver, last week I had pretty much decided to switch back to Dish before the current new customer deal( two year price lock) expired on the 13th. Then of course the announcement at CES happened and I figured that if I'm going to switch and be in a two year contract then I would want to have the new equipment(Hopper3). It probably won't be available until after current new customer deal expires and I was wondering if anyone knew or had any ideas about what the new deal will be?

Thanks in advance.

I know but I can't say. I can say it will be a great offer. It should be public any day now as it starts next week.

I don't think so. The Hopper 3 isn't available on the order entering system yet. You pick the equipment when you order.

You can place an order today and schedule it for next month when the new Hopper is available. I think that would lock in the deal.

This is bad advice. Do not so this. If you want the new Hopper then you will want to sign up when it is available. It can be possible to sign up now and alter the work order later but you're just asking for a mess.

Personally I would wait for the Hopper 3, but that's just my opinion. :)
Oh. I would love the Hopper3, but I was wondering if the new promotion coming up would be worth waiting or if current offer is better. I'm looking at what the monthly bill is going to end up being in each case.

You can place an order today and schedule it for next month when the new Hopper is available. I think that would lock in the deal.

Even if that worked, why take the chance on complicating things when posters who know what is going on says to wait?

Oh. I would love the Hopper3, but I was wondering if the new promotion coming up would be worth waiting or if current offer is better. I'm looking at what the monthly bill is going to end up being in each case.

My advice - you asked for advice and a poster in the know said to wait..... Patience Grasshopper... uh Hopper..... :)

Reactions: dalyew
Waiting to see what the new offer with Hopper 3 is going to be to decide if I should come back too. Been using Sling TV since last June, not a bad budget replacement to Dish but the Price Lock promo made it very tempting to come back. I however held off to see what Dish was going to show at CES & now glad I waited. Unless this new promo being talked of is the blow your socks off type like the Price Lock was I'll wait a few more months for the rush to pass.

Although I don't generally like dvr fees I'll gladly pay $15 a month for this Hopper until I'm out of contract, by then I figure there'll be something newer & better or I'll ask them to waive the fee then or some equivalent discount. By then the television marketplace will be so different from what it is now so who knows. But I like how Dish gets what's happening to the marketplace by coming out with innovative services like Sling TV & cutting edge technology like Hopper 3 to keep satellite service relevant.

The new promotions start Jan. 14th. Tomorrow Dish is having a retailer chat which I'm expecting to go over the Hopper 3 and how they are going to offer it to new and existing customer. It's sounding like it will be free for new customers and I'm not sure what it will be for existing customers.

Reactions: satjay
The new promotions start Jan. 14th. Tomorrow Dis is having a retailer chat which I'm expecting to go over the Hopper 3 and how they are going to offer it to new and existing customer. It's sounding like it will be free for new customers and I'm not sure what it will be for existing customers.
Scherrman, are you allowed to ask questions at the Retailer Chats? If so, can you ask if they are going to come out with more new Hybrid LNBF equipment? Primarily I am wondering if they might be coming out with a LNBF for the 1000+ dish that will blend in 118.7 for internationals without having to install a wing dish. Also wonder if DISH might be coming out with a Hybrid switch for adding a second Hopper 3. Thanks for any info you can find out..

Scherrman, are you allowed to ask questions at the Retailer Chats? If so, can you ask if they are going to come out with more new Hybrid LNBF equipment? Primarily I am wondering if they might be coming out with a LNBF for the 1000+ dish that will blend in 118.7 for internationals without having to install a wing dish. Also wonder if DISH might be coming out with a Hybrid switch for adding a second Hopper 3. Thanks for any info you can find out..

Sometimes retailers call in and they also will read a few emails from retailers at the end of the chat. I'll see if I can email them your question and possibly they will answer it.

Edit: Email has been sent to them. Just have to wait and see if they bring it up on the chat now.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)