New Customer DISH deals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Well, Comcast blew it, never came by for our install and is accusing me of not being home (I was the entire time) and now they won't come back out until next week. Screw that.

What kind of deals does DISH have for new customers right now? My wife would be the one getting the account. We would need one HD receiver and 1 DVR.

We live in an AT&T area. I haven't updated the address yet on my profile.

We'd more than likely get the ViP622 receiver since we have 2 TVs and would like to keep the costs down as much as possible.

Would the $199 upgrade fee be an upfront cost or would that be on our first bill?

I believe the 622 upfront is paid when you get the install. But you'll get 200 in credit if you sign up to a qualifying HD package. Cheapest is 49.99

Last edited:
Well, we signed up tonight under my wife's name.

No deposit, and since ScottChez gave me a DISHClub referral (thank you!) we signed up with that and didn't have to pay $49 for activation.

1 622 HD-DVR, and 1 625, so we will have 4 TVs hooked up to 2 receivers. We're getting the HD Gold package, and with all receivers and programming we're looking at $72 a month for 10 months. I'm excited!! Install is set for Wednesday between 12noon and 5p I won't get much sleep that day. Working 3rd shift sucks.

I have a lot of catching up to do regarding the new HD receivers. The last one I owned was the POS 811. I hope DISH has come a long way since.

Ugh, make that a 211 instead of a 622 for now. Wife says we have to save the $200 for now. :(

Too bad they can't just bill me for that.

Sucks that the 222 isn't out yet. I really like the idea of the 2 outputs.

Yeay...Charlie Chats.... Maybe they will help me go to sleep. :D

Any installers in the Dallas area? It would be nice to have someone from the forum install our system.