New Customer Equipment?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

db54

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
What brand and models of receivers are DirecTV sending out now?

I would like to have a pole mount for the 3-LNB Dish. What size pole do i need? I believe it is a 1 5/8 but is it ID or OD?

The size I used is 1 5/8" OUTSIDE diameter. Had the local hardware store cut a 14 foot piece of black water pipe. Cost $20. Then put it in a 2 gallon bucket of cement. The 5 gallon bucket was going to be overkill. About 10 foot up the pole it is anchored to the eve of the house. Solid as a rock.

thanks TomV, good idea! The location i have marked for installation, will require the pole to be free-standing since it will be in the middle of the back yard. I figured i would get at least an 8-10 ft. pipe and put it in the ground about 2 1/2-3 ft. and anchored in quik-set cement.

I can only speak for my retailer's practices, but as of the last couple weeks we've been moving away from the different brands of basic DTV receivers toward a single DirecTV-branded unit.

Advanced receivers like the Executive Director (HAH-SA) are still available, and TiVo/HD receivers are still available in branded forms, but the "dumb terminals", if you will, are being consolidated. I was disappointed I couldn't get the RCA DRD486 advanced model due to stocking issues resulting from this decision (I loathe IR remotes).

anyone know what models they have been sending out recently?

Thanks Darkwing, i need info on non-HD receivers.

I know I will get flak for saying this, but I got an 8 ft 4X4 fence post that is attached to a post support that is metal and screws into the 4X4. It has a spike that goes 2 ft into the ground. That is what I will be using for my Directv dish when it gets reinstalled tomorrow.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)