New Customer Free HDDVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tilllinderman

Original poster
Nov 20, 2005
Wanted to ask if anyone knows a way around the "$199.99 Lease Upgrade Fee" with directv for new customers. I am trying to get some family members to switch to D* but since other companies don't charge this much $$$ upfront its a pretty hard sell. I've been an A-List Customer for a long time and am really excited about the new channels. Any help you could offer would be appreciated.

As far as I know, there is no way, as I tried when I installed Sat during the summer. Dish has had many of these channels (not all) for over a month and is promising customers to keep up with Directv. In the past, they have had the channels sooner. They just added this week 8 pay-per-view hd channels, and their DVR is free, with a new plus-you can hook up an external hard drive (750gb holds about 125 hd movies) to extend dvr space. Just some info for you. Plus Dish already has all of the Voom channels as well, with greats like Monsters HD (horror and sci fi movies from Texas Chainsaw to Sinbad classics to the 30's Frankenstein) and Film Festival HD, which shows movies like Exodus.

No I am not a Dish resprsentative, but am very happy with them, and believe what they say about keeping up. They are not going to sit by and let Directv take over their HD lead. They are now re-arranging channels and deleting some crap for more room and have another sat they can use as well. Might want to read some of the forums before you make the decision. The mistake Dish is making is not advertising like Directv is, about their HD line-up. Something to think about anyway.

OOPS I am sorry, I didn't read your post too carefully....you are already a Directv customer, thought you were looking to become a Sat. customer.

Thanks, Actually my family members are looking to switch FROM dish as they have refused to give them an HDDVR for free. Additionally the dish customer service is really hard to talk to if you know what I mean.

So basically they wont discount it at all. Any chance they'd split it up? like 4 payments of 50 or something?

actually there is no way around it.

what happened to me is that the sales person from directv told me lie after lie about it... and then when i found out that there was no truth to it, i was told more lies

i was told:

new customers who cant get the hddvr for financial reasons can get a free $99 hd box. directv will then put on the work order to bring an extra hddvr at time of install, which can be activated at time of install, and charged to the customers bill over 3 months. this way the service can get installed, and the customer is not out hddvr service.

i called back to directv twice and tried to find out what the truth is. the truth is that ironwood who installs the service will only bring what is on the work order, and the hddvr cannot go onto a work order unless it is paid in full.

so no way to get a freebie. since it is leased you need to purchase it from either dtv or a retailer before you can get it.

Wanted to ask if anyone knows a way around the "$199.99 Lease Upgrade Fee" with directv for new customers. I am trying to get some family members to switch to D* but since other companies don't charge this much $$$ upfront its a pretty hard sell. I've been an A-List Customer for a long time and am really excited about the new channels. Any help you could offer would be appreciated.
The HDDVR is a $299 upgrade fee at $199 they are giving you $100 off up front. You only pay $9.99 for the HD enabling fee instead of DISH $20 enabling fee. Call D* and ask about their $50 referral program. No none of these suggestions will make it free but savings and discounts can reduce the costs. It is your familly and their decesion how much they like DISH still.

I have been a customer of D for almost 8 years, Anyway they told me it would be 199. I told the csr to send me to retention wright away. Anyways they must have a scale how the grade customers I guess. they gave me the new hr20 for the 19.99 shipping and handling fee.

I have been a customer of D for almost 8 years, Anyway they told me it would be 199. I told the csr to send me to retention wright away. Anyways they must have a scale how the grade customers I guess. they gave me the new hr20 for the 19.99 shipping and handling fee.

Same here, but new customers are a bit different, I think...

Between the $50 referral and the HD being cheaper than Dish it doesn't end up being that much more, especially if they're going to have to pay for the box with Dish also.

And, once they've been a customer for a while, they can use the retention department to get upgrades/additions if they really want to... not that I would ever encourage that sort of thing, of course.

I just received and installed my Directv plus HD DVR that I purchased new from Ebay. I paid $125.00 for it and it included a new card as well as 2 B Band convertors. Hooked it up, call the 800 number, gave them the SN on the new receiver. Works great! Took all of 10 minutes So check on Ebay. I also took my $50 Gift card that I recieved from Directv for signing up and put that on my paypal account..so really I got my new HD DVR for only $75.00! Could not be more satisfied!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts