New customer looking for installer & Tips

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rob67

Original poster
Sep 5, 2006
Hey all,

Been lurking here for a little while. I recently moved to a new home and am forced to use Charter cable (yikes!).

They suck. More or less.

I live in the suburban Detroit area. I have heard bad things about Michigan Microtech, the local installer with DirecTV. Is there an independant installer in my area which anyone can recommend?

If not, what are some things to look for during the install to tell if it went well (apart form the obvious)?

THanks,

Rob

My company is the DIRECTV SatelliteGusy sponsor and we do a excellent installation work in the Detroit DMA.

SatelliteGusy members get special consideration from us as well.

-Robert

Oh really? Could you provide contact info and more details?

Wish I would have known VE does installations in Metro Detroit. :(

My Troy installation was a nightmare with Michigan Microtech. Numerous cancellations and too much wasted time talking to them and D* about getting an actual installation done.

I ended up putting my own pole mount in and running my own cables into and through the house (they provided of course).

If possible stay away from Michigan Microtech. Unfortunately if you get an HD receiver from D* as I did you have no choice but to use them for the installation.

Now, do you honor the same deal I got when I called DirecTV?

I have an H20 reciever, 5lnb dish and the NFL Ticket with comped Super Fan.

Rob67 said:
Now, do you honor the same deal I got when I called DirecTV?

I have an H20 reciever, 5lnb dish and the NFL Ticket with comped Super Fan.

We're likely lower cost than DIRECTV directly. Call us so we can discuss any details and questions.

-Robert

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts