new customer & not happy

rockinm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Katy, TX
signed up last week. 1st appt techs showed up 2 hours into appt w/o all required equipment so had to reschedule. 2nd appt, no tech w/in the 5 hour window and no calls. 30 minutes after appt expired, they can't even get in touch w/ dispatch or the tech. I was excited to get dish network, but now i'm really bummed out I'm glad I didn't unhook my comcast cable boxes yet...i may be keeping them.

sorry, I just had to rant. I called them back after another hour had passed w/o any tech showing up or calling me. Now they surprisingly had notes on my delivery case showing that the tech had called me for directions and nobody answered the phone. Blatant lying to customers is hard to believe at this point. I was home all day, have both phones w/ me and this day and age w/ that newfangled invention 'caller id' you can tell if someone called or not. The idiot I spoke w/ refused to contact the dispatch or tech to get more info. He said it wasn't dish network's fault and wouldn't apologize. He said it was the retailer's fault? WTF. I'm waiting to call back tomorrow to get a different crew in customer service. I'm not convinced at this point to even keep the service if they ever get here to install it.

They wanted me to take off another day so they could come Thursday. I don't want it that bad...I need time to chew out some more peple.

sorry, I just had to rant. I called them back after another hour had passed w/o any tech showing up or calling me. Now they surprisingly had notes on my delivery case showing that the tech had called me for directions and nobody answered the phone. Blatant lying to customers is hard to believe at this point. I was home all day, have both phones w/ me and this day and age w/ that newfangled invention 'caller id' you can tell if someone called or not. The idiot I spoke w/ refused to contact the dispatch or tech to get more info. He said it wasn't dish network's fault and wouldn't apologize. He said it was the retailer's fault? WTF. I'm waiting to call back tomorrow to get a different crew in customer service. I'm not convinced at this point to even keep the service if they ever get here to install it.

They wanted me to take off another day so they could come Thursday. I don't want it that bad...I need time to chew out some more peple.
No call no shows are inexcusable. In what capcity did the "idiot" function ?
There is no excuse, rhyme or reason for the "idiot' to not call the local dispatch hub so they could track down the tech..
This crap does not happen in our (we're a DNS contractor) office.. If you used a local reatiler, it is their fault because their tech ddin't show up..If the the retailer is a Dish sales partner then it is the Partner's and Dish's fault....
Now to be fair.....There are times when our ofice gets calls from irate customers wondering where their tech is..Only we don't have the job on our grid....It happens.

If I were you, I would just cancel the order and keep cable. Wait until later this year to see what D* and E* does with HD and improving picture quality. You may have better options at that time.

The 'idiot' we spoke w/ was a supervisor of the initial cust svc rep I spoke w/. Got him on the line after i called back the 3rd time. They weren't disputing the install appointment for today, it was on their books. Just aw shucks, nobody showed up so how about we come another day? It's not our fault our installer didn't make it. I'm not sorry either was his opinion and he was rude as well. Well, we got his id and gave it to the next supervisor who actually was helpful when we called back the 4th time. Perhaps something good will happen tomorrow. But yes, I am very tempted to cancel the whole thing. It was not a retail outfit doing the install, it was a dish network installer according to his painted van and work order they had on sunday.

You could try the ceo@echostar.com and send him an email detailing the problems you are having getting INstalled. I am sure they will help you get your installation nailed down. I would give them the detailed info on all you talked to and their responses. DISH needs to get a handle on the installers they use. THere is no excuse for them missing their window of installation. IT is highly unprofessional.

It was not a retail outfit doing the install, it was a dish network installer according to his painted van and work order they had on sunday.
This doesnt garauntee that the next guy was from dish, generaly the dish offices get the jobs and take most but farm out the rest to the sub contractors that they use so its common for a rescheduled job to go to a sub contractor instead of staying inhouse. Another thing to is even though the van may have dishnetwork decals on it that doesnt mean its an actual dish network technician, alot of the sub contractors have taken to getting the decals and putting them on their vans to give them a more professional look but what sets them apart is there is always a name and number specific to the shop they work out of such as " Bubba's house of good tv, call 1800" or a local number.

working on satisfaction...

Today we have spoken w/ a very professional person at Dish who has stepped up to the plate to keep us as new customers. He has tried to do everything to satisfy us and get us started w/ our dish. I am pleased to report this, but sorry it had to get this far. Now if the installers show up and do a proper job we'll be anxious to see PQ improvement over cable. Won't know till Sunday.

To respond to your first comment: Rockinm, if it was me... I would be mad. If you are a doctor and your patient doesn't show, you charge them. My time is worth alot to me and when someone does not show, I CHARGE. I would be on the phone and demand money from dish and explain to them that you will not accept anymore crap like you have. They will come to your house with the proper tools and it will be installed at the proper time. You are paying them for the service, they aren't paying you.

To respond to your first comment: Rockinm, if it was me... I would be mad. If you are a doctor and your patient doesn't show, you charge them. My time is worth alot to me and when someone does not show, I CHARGE. I would be on the phone and demand money from dish and explain to them that you will not accept anymore crap like you have. They will come to your house with the proper tools and it will be installed at the proper time. You are paying them for the service, they aren't paying you.

(1) You wont get money out of dish unless something is damaged and then only after you have paid to have it fixed or the check goes directly to the repair man.

(2) This is tv where you watch doctors not an actual doctor but following your line of thinking then if the poster hadnt shown up for his install then he should be charged by the installer but this doesnt happen.

(3) Not having the right equipment can be the installers fault but it can also be the fault of the sales rep that built the customers work order wich I had delt with more times than you can count, at the very least the installer could have called back to his office and a manager could have brought out the needed equipment while the installer did the rest of the work.

(2) This is tv where you watch doctors not an actual doctor but following your line of thinking then if the poster hadnt shown up for his install then he should be charged by the installer but this doesnt happen.

If it did, I could go lay around on the beaches in Hawaii for a month or two.

(1) You wont get money out of dish unless something is damaged and then only after you have paid to have it fixed or the check goes directly to the repair man.

(3) Not having the right equipment can be the installers fault but it can also be the fault of the sales rep that built the customers work order wich I had delt with more times than you can count, at the very least the installer could have called back to his office and a manager could have brought out the needed equipment while the installer did the rest of the work.
" but it
can also be the fault of the sales rep that built the customers work
order wich I had delt with more times than you can count, at the very
least the installer could have called back to his office and a manager
could have brought out the needed equipment while the installer did the
rest of the work."
A couple of interesting points....My response....Customers need to take some responsibility. If we call ahead before we start our day and the customer does not answer, they should call us back..We're not calling to set up a tee time. Communication is key. But it cuts both ways. Often, customers do not provide a valid phone number or they think they can sneak out to the grocery store for a 30 mins during their apppintment window. Had that happen yesterday..Twofold..The customer did not provide a phone number where they could be reached. When I got to the house(45 miles away) the customer was not there. An hour later they called Dish who in turn called us, curious as to where the tech( me) was..Well we don't have time to wait around when other customers who bothered to answer/return my call, are waiting. This particular customer was out for over an hour. That was according to her mother in law who called me last night to gripe.
I told her I was not the one responsible for making the arrangements. I am just the guy who comes and does the work....
As for the rest of it..We do sometimes have the incorrect EQ . And we do have peiole run us out the right EQ..But that depends upon distance and whether or not someone is available to bring the EQ to us. This goes back to communication..Customers should be aware that the tech or theirt office os going to be calling to verify their work order and set apppointment time frames. The customer shoud provide phone numbers where they can be reached or at least take a message AND RETURN the call ...

Okay, I got one for you today:

Dish called me last night to confirm today’s installation 12-5pm. Okay, today rolls around and guess what? No one showed up. I give Dish a call at exactly 4:59pm and come to find out the installer attempted to call me with his number blocked to reschedule. He or she needed to reschedule due to not having enough time for my work order. One problem, I don't accept calls from people who block their number on my home telephone number. If you can not be upfront with me, from even your telephone number, I do not want to speak with you on my personal home line. When I ordered my new service with dish, I gave them a second number to contact me. I explained it very slowly to them, that second number is my personal mobile and it accepts block calls 24/7 because the business I own makes me. Had that sucker strapped to my side all day.

Do you think, the installer tried to call my mobile number? heck NO. Instead of putting some extra time out, lets say, 10 seconds and try the second number on the account work order, they just put a message in stating they did not have enough time for my install.

I sat here all day, waiting, waiting, and waiting. When they do finally get here, they will hear it from me. My time is worth more to me then sitting and waiting for nothing. Thinking to myself, why would a business even block their number or employee’s mobile numbers in the first place? The answer, I really could care less because businesses usually do not.

ANYWAY, Time is WORTH money people. If I schedule someone to be here, then they are here in that time frame. Otherwise, that time is wasted and I could be making money else where.

To finally get my point a crossed to earlier people who posted responses here, by the end of my call to dish, I got a $100 credit from this issue even taking place. It is a mistake on some else’s part (AKA IDIOT), not mine. I am very well educated and know what I am doing. I have my head on straight and get the same in return. If I do not, then out they go!

MediaCom Cable and Verizon Telephone Companies tried to pull off similar stupid things with me and I have not given them a penny since. They are a company, and think exactly as I do. Time is money. The only problem is, they forget about respect and how to treat customers.

I hope you are "educated" enough to not jump all over the installer who does show up to do your install because he may not be the one who did not show up the last two times. I have many times called both phone numbers on work order and not get an answer only to find out that they were out in their shop or metal building and were not getting a cell signal.

I hope you are "educated" enough to not jump all over the installer who does show up to do your install because he may not be the one who did not show up the last two times. I have many times called both phone numbers on work order and not get an answer only to find out that they were out in their shop or metal building and were not getting a cell signal.

I know how to deal with problems, I didn't make my first million screaming at the wrong people. lol

Okay, I got one for you today:

Dish called me last night to confirm today’s installation 12-5pm. Okay, today rolls around and guess what? No one showed up. I give Dish a call at exactly 4:59pm and come to find out the installer attempted to call me with his number blocked to reschedule. He or she needed to reschedule due to not having enough time for my work order. One problem, I don't accept calls from people who block their number on my home telephone number. If you can not be upfront with me, from even your telephone number, I do not want to speak with you on my personal home line. When I ordered my new service with dish, I gave them a second number to contact me. I explained it very slowly to them, that second number is my personal mobile and it accepts block calls 24/7 because the business I own makes me. Had that sucker strapped to my side all day.

Do you think, the installer tried to call my mobile number? heck NO. Instead of putting some extra time out, lets say, 10 seconds and try the second number on the account work order, they just put a message in stating they did not have enough time for my install.

I sat here all day, waiting, waiting, and waiting. When they do finally get here, they will hear it from me. My time is worth more to me then sitting and waiting for nothing. Thinking to myself, why would a business even block their number or employee’s mobile numbers in the first place? The answer, I really could care less because businesses usually do not.

ANYWAY, Time is WORTH money people. If I schedule someone to be here, then they are here in that time frame. Otherwise, that time is wasted and I could be making money else where.

To finally get my point a crossed to earlier people who posted responses here, by the end of my call to dish, I got a $100 credit from this issue even taking place. It is a mistake on some else’s part (AKA IDIOT), not mine. I am very well educated and know what I am doing. I have my head on straight and get the same in return. If I do not, then out they go!

MediaCom Cable and Verizon Telephone Companies tried to pull off similar stupid things with me and I have not given them a penny since. They are a company, and think exactly as I do. Time is money. The only problem is, they forget about respect and how to treat customers.
Just an minute. Before you go off on the guy that does come make sure you realize the consequences of your actions..It is VERY likely the tech that comes to do your job WILL NOT be the same guy that had it on the missed appointment..I will tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that if a customer gets abusive withg me they can go piss up a tree..I have on two occasions in my 9 years in this business heard "magic words" from two customers and I just walked off the job, vowing never to return..
We are all not stupid inconsiderate dolts like the guy that originally had your job...You have every right ot be pissed off but don't take it out on the guy who is trying to help you.
The original tech made an effort, IMO to not do your job..He deliberately blocked his caller ID(you have to. It's asetting on a typical mobile phone.)
With that said, you should get a better situation on your second appointment..Don't spoil it by being irate..Trust me ,it will get you nowhere...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts