New Customer Options

stevet96

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2004
I am getting ready to drop cable and make the jump to Dish. I am trying to maximize the offers that Dish currently has. I would like to get the free Vip622 or Vip722. Right now, I really don't have a strong preference even though the 722 has a higher amount of storage. Is it possible to sign up for dish under the current promo (before Aug 15th) and get the 622 without signing up for the HD channels? I would want the 622 to get the OTA channels through it.

If that is possible would I then be able add the HD channels as an existing customer and get the 6 months free (after Aug 15th)?

For me that would be the best scenario I get:

a free HD Dvr
$10 off a month for 10 months (current promo)
Free HD 6 month

Basically I would get $30 off for 6 months and $10 off for 10 months

Thanks!

I did the current thing, signed up for what you said. From what the offer says that they sent me last week: $100 back ($10 a month), and a second $100 back ($10 a month). Two seperate $100 back offers. Maybe call Dish and ask if they have any information about new promo's. Sorry, I am not much help.

I know of the following (I took advantage of all of them):

1. www.dishnetwork.com/100off (print out rebate form)
- $100/basic programming (or $10/mo for 10 months)
- $100/hd package (or $10/mo for 10 months)
- $200/switching bounty (not mentioned ANYWHERE, but according to a knowledgeable rep, still very much alive..send in your latest active original directv or comcast bill...$10/mo for 20 months)

2. Signed up for 18/mo contract
- 'waived $49 pro installation fee'
- 18 mos onsite repairs free, dvr replacement, etc.
- 'locked in' current rates on DVR rental, channel tier, etc. for the 18 mos (i guess time will tell if this is a good thing or bad thing)

That's it. According to a very knowledgeable 'retentions rep', to take advantage of the $200 "bounty", you need to mail in the "100back" rebate (check those 2 options if you have basic cable + hd) and toss in the FIRST DishNetwork bill (original) and LAST "other cable or sat company" bill (original) and he swore that would be enough to 'activate' the bounty rebate as well.

Caveats: What is going to change on Aug 15? WHO KNOWS? Might be better deals..might not.

Remember, you always have 30 days to 'back out' of any agreement if something doesn't smell right as well.

HTH

Thanks, nyvram!

That bounty discount would put me exactly where I would want to be cost wise. I'll be calling and signing up once I find out that the IP callback is working and will remove the $5 no phone line fee.

Thanks, nyvram!

That bounty discount would put me exactly where I would want to be cost wise. I'll be calling and signing up once I find out that the IP callback is working and will remove the $5 no phone line fee.

Just make TRIPLE sure you're getting it when you call them. I had a terrible time getting this verified because 99% of the reps that answered the phone seemed to have no idea what it is or how to apply for it..or what conditions you need to meet. YOu don't want an unpleasant suprise later..so verify verify verify this BEFORE you agree to anything else.

Just be aware, the bounty offer is only good in certain area's of the country. I live in Orange County, CA and did not qualify.

Just be aware, the bounty offer is only good in certain area's of the country. I live in Orange County, CA and did not qualify.

That sounds really fishy. They never mentioned ANYTHING about a 'geographical limitation' on this offer and I made the guy read the thing to me practically word-for-word.

Who told you that? "Unnamed CS rep #1"? If so try calling and asking for retentions department; they seem to magically have all the info that other reps don't have.

And while I'm ranting..I'm a little put-out with DISH. I talked to 3 or 4 separate "reps" trying to find out about the 'bounty' offer and they all denied knowing anything about it..or having any record of it in my prior CSR conversations. I even told them that the CSR told me she was making notes about it.

When the 'retentions rep' came on the line, the first words out of his mouth before I could get started were "Oh, I can see the rep you spoke to back on July 20 put all these notes about it in the call notes and I know what offer she was referring to..give me a minute to pull up the info".

So you mean to tell me none of the CSRs I spoke with could see that?? Or did it scare them because they didn't know what it was so they chose instead to act as if *I* were lying about it and that there was absolutely NOTHING in the call notes referring to this mysterious 'bouncy' (what the original CSR called it) rebate?? That's lame.

Grrr. Sorry, I've vented now. I was very frustrated..took 2 hours to straighten this out. What happened to the days of a simple buy-transaction with a merchant? My parents wouldn't have stood a chance calling DISH cold and asking for a 'satellite'.

My folks have had D* for 8 years,same equipment. I bought them a 32" LCD HDTV for an anniversary present and called up D* and told them I was dad and asked for customer retention and described the deals people were getting for upgrades, told them just an H20 would be ok along with the 5 LNB dish and the HD pak. All they would offer was a $10 a month credit for 6 months, no deals on equipment at all, said it would cost $200. Told them that E* would do DVR for free, plus discount service. Stupid D* customer retention CSR just said that we don't have any deals right now and check back in a month or so as they change a lot.
Told them to shove their service,called E* got free DVR plus install, $20 a month off of AT200, NO DVR fee, plus $10 more bounty off per month for switching from D*, I used one of my Club dish numbers and also waived $49 activation fee, Bottom Line= FREE.
Apparentely D* don't give a rats A** about keeping their subs.

Dishstore has got a great deal for new customers, call us 800-807-0837

See..

Better than Club Dish Promotional DetailsOver $

Claude,

I am so sorry I didn't find this forum until after I had signed up my parents. I would have jumped all over this as an opportunity to give back to this forum and support the forum's advertisers. Its also a GREAT deal; I can attest to that after having just gone through all manner of fun (not) getting hooked up with Dish.

I will absolutely tell everyone else I know about your deal who asks me about Dish (since I'm an 'expert' now..yeah right).

That's a heck of a deal Claude. I purchased my 622 back in Feb from Dishstore. when there was a shortage of them. Claude was great about it. Kept me informed and delivered when promised. Wish I was a new customer.

That's a heck of a deal Claude. I purchased my 622 back in Feb from Dishstore. when there was a shortage of them. Claude was great about it. Kept me informed and delivered when promised. Wish I was a new customer.

Well, I don't personally have satellite yet..so if/when I do get it..I know the first phone call I plan to make. :)

I will back up Claude as well, I have dealt with him in the past, and Spoke to him for over an hour yesterday, he really cares for his customers and he is great to talk to! I am crossing my fingers everything goes through on monday (we have tree issues for right now till we get them cut). I cant wait to get my 622 and be here enjoying the HD with you guys!

For fun I called the Dish hotline for signing up as a new customer. After going through endless loops at the account number prompt, I ended up talking to a CSR. I asked what specials Dish was offering for new customers. I was more or less looking to see what kind of deal I could get from them before actually signing up.

To make a long story short, I ended up with the following offer:

a Vip622 receiver
AT 100 - 29.99
Locals 5.00
Dvr fee 5.98
HD channels free ?? I triple checked and he assured me that the 29.99 included the HD channels

$10 off a month for 10 months
total = $30.97 for 10 months
$40.97 months 11 - 18

I'm guessing he screwed up the HD channels so I had him mark it on the account and got his name. I'll call back later to see if the sign up actually contained the HD Pak.

i have a related question, don't want to open a thread for this.

I am moving out of my parents house for college this semester. I got an apt for the upcoming college year (august to may). I want to get dish in my name and get the offers that they have. I will be moving out in May out of that apartment and coming back home. Then get a new apartment in august 2008 again like I am going to do now.

If i sign the 18 month commitment, will Dish come help me uninstall in may and then install at my new apt in august 08, even though there's a 3 month gap? or should i cancel in may and sign up again? will they treat me like a new customer and get me any deals that they will have?

thanks in advance. I tried calling dish but they keep wanting me to sign up like on the spot without even properly answerinh my questions. more pushy than car sales people.

i have a related question, don't want to open a thread for this.

I am moving out of my parents house for college this semester. I got an apt for the upcoming college year (august to may). I want to get dish in my name and get the offers that they have. I will be moving out in May out of that apartment and coming back home. Then get a new apartment in august 2008 again like I am going to do now.

If i sign the 18 month commitment, will Dish come help me uninstall in may and then install at my new apt in august 08, even though there's a 3 month gap? or should i cancel in may and sign up again? will they treat me like a new customer and get me any deals that they will have?

thanks in advance. I tried calling dish but they keep wanting me to sign up like on the spot without even properly answerinh my questions. more pushy than car sales people.

Either do no committment, or downgrade to DISH Family for 3 months in the summer and then do a FREE DISH Mover in the fall when you move in August 2008.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts