New Customer or Previous Customer

Fudster

Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
I'm in the process of signing up with Dish and taking advantage of the Dishstore's rebate offers by signing up for the pre Feb 1st deal now. I use to have Dish until 2 1/2 years ago when we moved and couldn't get Dish due to line of sight problems according to the installer we had come out to check. Now we live in an area where we don't have that problem. Dishstore's sales advisor said I would be considered a previous customer and not eligible for any rebate offers. She said they had someone who called that hadn't been a Dish customer for the past 5 years and was still tagged as a previous customer. Does anyone know for sure that what she said is true about not qualifying for the rebates because I would be tagged as a previous customer?

Seems like "rebates" are a promotion offered by The Dish Store. They would have the say relative to your qualification, not Dish. Under the business rules that Dish follows, any former customer that sees the error of their ways, wanting to re-up with Dish and be given the benefits of being a new customer, the dealer is not rewarded a full commission. I'm certain that could explain why you won't receive those Dealer "rebates". Hope this is helpful info.

I don't know about the dish store. But I emailed the CEO dish network last week about my eligibility to return with new customer promotions. I have been gone for eight months now. My reply stated that after six months and with a past account of zero balance and all equipment lease returned I could be eligible for new customer promotions. ( catch is the 24 month committment)

I will be signing up through dish with new promotions effective after the first. Thank god; I have a good number and extension for a level 2 csr that speaks english!! I have certain requirements on equipment I want installed to return back.

...My reply stated that after six months and with a past account of zero balance and all equipment lease returned I could be eligible for new customer promotions. ( catch is the 24 month committment)...

Which means they are signing you up under the Formers promotions, not as a new customer...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)