New customer with some questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

crimedog

Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
Mass
Hi all,
I just moved into a new house and decided to take advantage of the 2yr offers DirecTv was having (plus AAA discount promo) and really wanted the HR34 box. I ended up having the HR34 and two H25 boxes installed. Now I'm starting to re-wire my house and have a couple questions as I'm new to satellite configurations. I'd also like to mention that in general I'm thrilled with the service and the hardware is fantastic. It has been setup for a few weeks now.

My current setup: coax from dish runs into attic into a SWS-4 splitter, three to boxes and one outlet is unused. A DECA adapter with SWS-2 splitter was setup at my HR34 DVR. Power inserter is inline with one of the H25 boxes. I moved my FIOS router to another room and now have the DECA adapater connected to a N wireless bridge which has resulted in playback of recorded programing on the H25 boxes having issues.

My questions:
-Can I connect all three boxes with ethernet or do I need to use the DECA adapter?
-If I need to use the DECA adapter, is it best to have it run directly to the SWS-4 in the attic?
-I am sure this is hard to put your finger on, but I have the new guide on all my boxes and not one shows Pandora. It's the only app I care about so it's a bit annoying that everything works except for it. Any suggestions?

I appreciate any help, I only want to open my walls once so I'd like to go for the best install possible.

Last edited:
As far as connecting them all with ethernet, if you have the Whole Home DVR service or Multi room viewing, you will not be able to hook them all up by Ethernet. Doing so will disable the ability to share programs.

As far as connecting them all with ethernet, if you have the Whole Home DVR service or Multi room viewing, you will not be able to hook them all up by Ethernet. Doing so will disable the ability to share programs.

Thanks for the response. Since I am running coax from attic to lower level (HR34) and will have ethernet there, should I run two lines from the SWS-4 one for the DECA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts