New customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

macgod79

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Nc
Hey guys I want to setup a new prepaid account. What I want to do is I have purchased a VIP 222k receiver on craigslist. Also I have 2 dish network dishes already on my house. It is a eastern arc setup with the one dish at 110 and 119 and one at 61.5. The cable was cut where it entered the house. What switch do I need to put back to make it work. Also I don't want a contract or any kind of credit check so I'm hoping prepaid will work out.

That's not EA, it's just a mixed arc. What kind of LNB is on the one getting 119/110? If it is a DP Plus Twin, the 61.5 sat can be run into the "LNB In" on it and it has an internal switch. Make sure you get the seperator with the 222, and that nothing is owed to Dish for it

How much money am I looking to start up my account? If it is prepaid account do they check credit

The first thing you must do is call DISH with the R00# of the 222 and be sure it can be used before you invest any money in switches and other equipment. Next list exactly the equipment that you have. There are many different combinations that can work. If you are looking for HD broadcasting you will need to move your dishes for a pure EA or WA setup, 61.5 has lost a lot of HD channels.

If you are doing a prepaid FlexTV account you'll probably have to pay a $99 activation fee and your first month of programming. You will not have to provide your Soc. Sec. or a cedit card. You will also not have to worry about a contract. By signing up for this promotion you will not get any of the promotional prices for the packages but you can take advantage of the free premium movies.