New D* sub how does the DVR guide identify new shows

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

StephenJC

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 18, 2011
Cleveland
I noticed that the DVR is recording reruns from earlier this year, even though I have first run choosen in the series manager. Thanks

If you dont mind me asking which program is it?
I have a bunch of series timers and all are set properly for this week...reruns dont record and only new stuff does. There's one show I say "record all" because they dont list a date for the program (even though they're new) ;)

I usually set it to Record 1st Run ONLY from the guide when I set up the show, (series link or single recording) and I'll also check the Menu here:
Menu-Manage Recordings-Record defaults then make sure it says 1st run there as well.

Sure I set Two and a half men to record first run only on WOIO The scheduler wants to record this Monday's episode, even though it is a rerun from earlier this season.

now since you are a new sub sometimes the receiver confuses the programming. Since it never has seen that program before, it assumes you havent either.

I've seen that happen with shows that I watch the 1st episode then think "hey I'll record this from now on" and after the fact say "record 1st episodes" and the next time that episode shows up (even though I watched it already) it still sets to record. I just go in the recordings and delete that event only

by the way...on mine it shows 0 recordings for 2 1/2 men because the receiver has already seen that show. If you set up the recording it shouldn't record next week

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts