New Direct * box

Jeff lost in cable

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
Hello.
I heard Direct will have a new box that will allow a external converter box to be connected to it. This will allow the converter box to be recored on the dvr.

I just updated to 722 so I'm locked in for two years. Anyone know if this is in Dishs future?

Jeff

If you feeding by rumors just state the fact !
If you have real info - post a link to original source !

Sorry, didn't know this was life or death info.

Original source is a guy who works for them. He got a e-mail from them.

Last edited:
Hello.
I heard Direct will have a new box that will allow a external converter box to be connected to it. This will allow the converter box to be recored on the dvr.

I just updated to 722 so I'm locked in for two years. Anyone know if this is in Dishs future?

Jeff

Not sure of your question. DirecTV has announced the AM21 ATSC tuner box that add OTA capabilities to their HR21 DVR ( and 'supposed' to also work with the H21 non-DVR receiver at some future time ). Solid Signal | DIRECTV® Systems, HDTV Antennas, DISH Network, satellite equipment and home entertainment supplies & accessories has a preorder link up for this box now. This is the closest that I've heard to something like what you asked about.

Not sure of your question. DirecTV has announced the AM21 ATSC tuner box that add OTA capabilities to their HR21 DVR ( and 'supposed' to also work with the H21 non-DVR receiver at some future time ). Solid Signal | DIRECTV® Systems, HDTV Antennas, DISH Network, satellite equipment and home entertainment supplies & accessories has a preorder link up for this box now. This is the closest that I've heard to something like what you asked about.

He told me in passing.
I'm more interested in Dish than Direct.

The only question I had was about Dish I think it's ota tuner sucks.
I would like to connect a samsung to the dish ota dvr and be able to record.

It's sucks not by tuner circuit, but by the restriction of DTV - you cannot scan channels - they define what you can watch in your DMA.

Yeah that's it. Wife has many ota channels which she can't get on dish including Fox in HDTV but can on another ota converter box.
I just got into ota a month or so. Not wanting to get to involved just get something that works and is easy to use. without buying another DVR and making a mess out of something that is easy to correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)