New Direct Tv Connection

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sanhin2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
hy i wanted a new direc tv connection, i live in a townhome complex in San Fransisco, cali. i have a balcony facing the south direction with an unobstucted view. i also wanted 2 get south asian package from direc tv, but i can only istall 1 dish because of complex rules. dish has a super dish to get all channels on 1 dish.. does direc tv have anything like this?? if yes plzz let me knw specifically.. I AM REALLY TIRED OF COMCRAP BECAUSE THERS SERVICE IS CRAP.. plzzz help me.. thnx :)

If just want south asia and some std english channels one dish is need
it change for hd, because dish is not design for hd that where second dish plays. Dish 30cm so bigger than normal size.

dnb said:
If just want south asia and some std english channels one dish is need
it change for hd, because dish is not design for hd that where second dish plays. Dish 30cm so bigger than normal size.
huh? :confused: can u be a lil more concise/ clear??

I think he's saying that if you want south asia programming, and the standard definition non-asian channels, you only need one dish, if you want HD programming, that is when you would need a second dish.

NOTE: I am only trying to clarify what I think he is trying to say, since I do not subscribe to any asian packages, in no way do I know if his comments are factual or not, nor if I even translated them correctly.

Yes, with the 30" or 36" dish, you can get the south asia plus, very basic or select choice program out from 95 and 101 satellites, but not for the HDTV channels. which is not on 101 satellite. OOH the very basic package has about 60 channels which half of those are music channels. BUt depending the location, Like Dallas, Texas, it included the local channels on this basic package with is about $10.00 extra over the other package.

we call the 95 and 101 sat dish an "odu". this is what you need in order to get south asain programming.

make sure you also get a 4x4 mutil switch. even if you have 1 tv, you need this switch to combine the 2 satellites together

Ez_1321 said:
we call the 95 and 101 sat dish an "odu". this is what you need in order to get south asain programming.

make sure you also get a 4x4 mutil switch. even if you have 1 tv, you need this switch to combine the 2 satellites together

got this set-up. Very easy to install, aim and get going. Waste of time though since the cricket I was told would be on 95 is actually on 101. damn DTV, always trying to get your money.

2devnull said:
got this set-up. Very easy to install, aim and get going. Waste of time though since the cricket I was told would be on 95 is actually on 101. damn DTV, always trying to get your money.

It used to be on the 95.
Channels 2027.2028

BtW- grydlok, thank you. If it were not for you advise and suggestions and input, setting it up would not have been so easy.

4x4 and 3x4 multi-switch

Can I use a 3x4 Multi-Switch (Perfect Vision SAM3402) from one of the outputs of a 4x4 multi-switch (Channel Vision) or do I need to get a 6x8 (or 4x6, 4x8 if they make those)?

I currently have the international dish point at 95 and 101 with a 4x4 but I need more outputs. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts