New DirecTivo Promotion: Try it and LIKE it!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
The DIRECTV® DVR Challenge Starts October 18th
(Remember where you saw this first, SatelliteGuys.US) :D

Try It, Like It, Or Your Money Back

We love the DIRECTV® DVR and we have no doubt that anyone who gives it a try will be completely satisfied. We’re so confident in fact, we’re willing to give any customer their money back (and a replacement standard receiver) if they aren’t satisfied. During the promotion period, DIRECTV will take care of the DVR returns without any additional work from you and minimal effort from your customer. So remember to offer the DIRECTV DVR Challenge to your customers — we dare you.

TRUTH: The DIRECTV® DVR Will Rock Your World

The truth is, with the DIRECTV DVR customers will:

Never miss a show again – DIRECTV® DVR with TiVo® will automatically record their favorite shows. Not have to choose between two shows on at the same time – the DIRECTV DVR can record two shows on different channels at the same time.*

Get total control of how they watch TV – the DIRECTV DVR lets the user
pause and rewind live TV and fast forward through recorded shows.

DARE: Try It, Like It, Or Your Money Back. Really.

Have your customers take the DIRECTV DVR 30-Day Challenge. Experience DIRECTV DVR with TiVo and if they’re not thrilled, call DIRECTV within 30 days of activation and we’ll refund the purchase price of their DIRECTV DVR up to $100 and replace it with a standard DIRECTV Receiver.

The enclosed ad elements were created to assist you in promoting this exciting new offer and may be used in conjunction with our 2003 HBOÒ Holiday Offer.

OFFER DETAILS:

Offer for new and existing residential customers who purchase a DIRECTV DVR System between October 18, 2003 and February 28, 2004, and subscribe to DIRECTV DVR with TiVo service (($4.99/month, or enjoy it free with TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER programming†) with a one year commitment to any TOTAL CHOICE or OPCIÓN EXTRA ESPECIAL programming package ($33.99/mo. or above) within 30 days of purchase. Monthly DIRECTV DVR with TiVo service fee covers every DIRECTV DVR in the home. To receive refund, customer must call DIRECTV at 1-800-347-3288 within 30 days of activation and request refund form or follow procedure outlined on DIRECTV.com. LIMIT ONE DVR REFUNDED PER HOUSEHOLD/FAMILY/PERSON/DIRECTV ACCOUNT.

ACTIVATION OF PROGRAMMING MAY BE SUBJECT TO CREDIT APPROVAL AND REQUIRES VALID SERVICE ADDRESS, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND/OR MAJOR CREDIT CARD. DEPOSIT OR PREPAYMENT MAY BE REQUIRED. PROGRAMMING FEE FOR EACH ADDITIONAL RECEIVER $4.99/MO. IF ALL RECEIVERS CONTINUOUSLY CONNECTED TO THE SAME LAND-BASED PHONE LINE.

OFFER FULFILLMENT:

New and existing residential customers must subscribe to DIRECTV DVR with TiVo service ($4.99/month, or enjoy it free with TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER programming†) with a commitment to a one-year subscription to TOTAL CHOICE or OPCIÓN EXTRA ESPECIAL programming ($33.99/mo. or above) to receive up to a $100 refund of the purchase price of the DIRECTV DVR and replace it with a standard DIRECTV Receiver. Taxes, shipping and handling, programming, DVR service fees, custom installation, equipment costs and other amounts paid by customer in excess of $100 will not be refunded. Customer must complete and sign refund form, attach original dated sales receipt showing proof of purchase of the DIRECTV DVR, and return the documents to DIRECTV DVR Refund, P.O. Box 425, Mira Loma, CA 91758-0452. Form must be postmarked on or before 6/30/04. Upon receipt of completed form and sales receipt, customer will receive return instructions and shipping materials for the DVR. DIRECTV DVR must be returned within 35 days of customer’s receipt of shipping materials. Refund check will be issued 4-6 weeks from DIRECTV’s receipt of DVR.

A fee of up to $150.00 may be charged for early termination, suspension, disconnection or downgrade of required DIRECTV programming, depending upon the timing of such action.

Best regards,

DIRECTV, Inc.

I would imagine they have to get ready for the HDTivo's coming out in 1Q04. I don't see in that ad where it say's $99. It say's:

Have your customers take the DIRECTV DVR 30-Day Challenge. Experience DIRECTV DVR with TiVo and if they're not thrilled, call DIRECTV within 30 days of activation and we'll refund the purchase price of their DIRECTV DVR up to $100 and replace it with a standard DIRECTV Receiver.

Which meens you get $100 and a standard receiver,so that would meen that the Directivo would be between $150 and $200.

I posted not that long ago that this would be a good idea and now its already a reality. I wonder if Dish Network will follow through with a similar promotion as well, or will they seeing that their DVR is free anyways?

geneb11 said:
I don't see in that ad where it say's $99. ...
...Which meens you get $100 and a standard receiver,so that would meen that the Directivo would be between $150 and $200.

In fact, if you're sure you want the Tivo, I don't see big advantage in this promotion. New subscribers can purchase Tivo systems for less than $100, and existing ones can take advantage of the FFDVR code that gives you a Tivo for $99 + s/h. For example, my package was a 3-LNB antenna + 1 Tivo + 1 Director for around $80 with free shipping after rebate, and then I bought an extra Tivo with the FFDVR code. Can't beat this, considering that Tivos are better IMO than Dish's because they have 2 tuners instead of 1 (ok, granted Dish has a 2-tuner unit, but at $500 would you buy it?). This was the very best deal I found around for new subscriber for a Directv Tivo system. If you're considering Directv and are interested, PM me and I'd be glad to give you the link from where I bought.

I am considering Direct Tv or staying with E* and buying a 921. I have a dish on the roof of my motorhome that I live in. From the Forum info I am leaning toward the 4 tuner HD with Tivo versus the 921. Scott, would that be my best choice since Direct Tv's Top receiver seems to have less bugs and more features.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts