New Directv HD on their website

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Software update

Last night, my wife noticed we couldn't access our HD channels so she called D*. I'm not sure I believe this, but the CSR she got told her that they had just updated the software for the new HD channels and some customers would have to call to get them to reset something. Just wondering if anyone else had anything like this happen in the last 2 days or if this was just BS.

Rob

:D Looks like good news to me

Attachments

• DTV.png
    DTV.png
    188.3 KB · Views: 507
i had to have one hd dvr reset wednesday afternoon. the screen suddenly went blank and then it said to call directv to activate.

Looking at the new programming it looks like in the packages that Universal HD is gone and you cant get HDNet unless you go with Premium..hopefully maybe those of us that already pay the 9.99 will get to keep them.

I spent a good 25 minutes on the phone with a CSR yesterday as all of my new receivers (1 HR20 and 2 H20s) "lost" their access to so called premium HD content. I still have an HR10 on my account and that box didn't lose access to anything. Apparently they were updating their systems and for some reason some of us with old accounts didn't have our programming access set up correctly. I was able to receive all my locals in HD and the non-premium stuff was coming in fine. The CSR finally realized that it was a problem on their side after having me restart my boxes, so hopefully they received enough calls about this and know what to do.

So if you've already been paying you should not lose access.

If your HD access quit working and is still not working then just goto their website and refresh your boxes. Or you can call them. Online click troubleshooting link > refresh services

Looking at the new programming it looks like in the packages that Universal HD is gone and you cant get HDNet unless you go with Premium..hopefully maybe those of us that already pay the 9.99 will get to keep them.
I have yet to understand the new programming packs. IMO if you get the SD channel now then you should get the HD channel if you have HD access. I still have total choice plus, HBO, SHO, HD access and DVR service. It also make zero sense to have an HD Dvr package that doesnt give you premiums at a discount or a premier package that makes you pay for DVR service. Its just nickle and diming IMO.

not sure if anyone is grandfathered but according to the website

Family Package - Food, HGTV, Nat'lGeo HD, Nick HD, Science HD, Weather Channel HD plus locals

Choice - you get 29 new HD channels + ones you have now + locals

Choice Xtra - 37 new HD channels

Plus HD DVD - 37 new HD channels

Premier - 49 new HD channels

Maybe somebody a bit more time could list the difference between the packages

Last night, my wife noticed we couldn't access our HD channels so she called D*. I'm not sure I believe this, but the CSR she got told her that they had just updated the software for the new HD channels and some customers would have to call to get them to reset something. Just wondering if anyone else had anything like this happen in the last 2 days or if this was just BS.

Rob

Both my father and I had the same issue......the csr told me it had to do with changes made to the account....i told her we didn't....she then said it was a systemic issue throughout

Anybody notice the Directv type symbol in the list? Wonder if they are going to have some channels like the VOOM on Dish?

Does anyone notice that HDNet and HDNet Movies only show up under existing HD channels within the ALL HD Channels section "and" the Premier Package sections. The HDNet channels aren't listed in any way in any other package but the premier package.

If you look under packages and select the premier package you see HDNet under current available channels but if you click on the Plus HD DVR package it no longer lists HDNet as a current channel available with the package.

Pictures are below of what I'm talking about. I believe this list has quite a few mistakes as far as channel groupings with packages go.

Attachments

• plushddvr.jpg
    plushddvr.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 241
  • premier.jpg
    premier.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 247
Does anyone notice that HDNet and HDNet Movies only show up under existing HD channels within the ALL HD Channels section "and" the Premier Package sections. The HDNet channels aren't listed in any way in any other package but the premier package.

If you look under packages and select the premier package you see HDNet under current available channels but if you click on the Plus HD DVR package it no longer lists HDNet as a current channel available with the package.

Pictures are below of what I'm talking about. I believe this list has quite a few mistakes as far as channel groupings with packages go.

There appear to be some errors. HBO-W HD is also listed as available now, and it currently is not.

That is how the channels will look once they launch the new HD packages. I talked about in other threads,existing customers will most likely be grandfathered in and get the HDNEt etc as long as you subscribe to HD package. Atleast that's my take on it.

If that is true that is just stupid, I don't watch them hardly now. If the only way to get them in the future is pay for the premium package then forget it.

None of the packages mention these channels:

CSTV, HDNet Movies, MGM, MHD, Smithsonian and Universal

None of the packages mention these channels:

CSTV, HDNet Movies, MGM, MHD, Smithsonian and Universal
GOBX:
I called earlier this AM EDT and this nasty D* CSR(a he) told me that those movie channels will cost $4.99 extra. That is what I understood from that character. I hope I'm wrong.
Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts