new directv lease forms

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PATONENOW

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 21, 2006
central WISCONSIN
The way I see it myself is once I own the equipment there never should be any further commitment except if I would lease or change things. I am in it to BUY programing and if I choose to do that there should be no 1 or 2 year commitment for the right for them to sell me any programing. I could see a 1 to 3 month commitment so not to abuse their paperwork process. So I will never rent or lease and if I need new things and buy STILL no commitment or I go elsewhere,period.
After all D* is a programing company and IF they want customers YOU are the deciding factor as to what you will or will not do or commit to. And WHY should anyone have to pay a $4.99 or $5.99 fee EXTRA for equipment you already own?
RENT is a whole different story as it is forever with no ownership or return of equilty ever.

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
boba said:
SORRY that ends Feb.28th under the lease you never own so you must return the equipment any way and you still get charged back under the contract possibly the biggest change under the lease plan.:) :) :)
Thats nothing to smile about.

moonman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 20, 2005
So. Fla.
Leasing options

AFAIK and this is what I have read and determined to be the "changes".....
nothing majic happens on Mar. 1st. The lease vs owned equip. only comes
into play on how you want to get any new equip. Existing Customers who currently own their equipment will still own their equipment, unless they call in to upgrade or get replacement ird's. At the time of the upgrade/replacement ordering, they will be given the option to opt into the leasing offer, or continue to own equipment. The advantages of leasing the equipment is, lower upfront cost (for the initial upgrade), $4.99 leasing fee (which covers equipment and programming for that ird). Leasing customers will NOT have to pay an additional mirroring fee. Only the leasing fee. Leasing customers will also have ability to request replacement units at no equipment cost, only handling and delivery. Customers who opt to continue to own will have a larger upfront cost for purchasing the equipment, no commitment, $4.99 programming mirroring fee (no leasing fee), and they will be able to keep their equipment at time of disconnection,

Protection plan will still be available for both customers who lease and own their equipment. Leasing covers the ird itself, not the dish, wiring, remotes, etc. Customers who currently own their equipment and have the protection plan will still be charged their normal Protection Plan fee and have the same coverage as before.
IMO

Last edited:

Roger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 11, 2003
Leasing customers will also have ability to request replacement units at no equipment cost, only handling and delivery.

That's too much to pay since they are becoming a cable company.

Protection plan will still be available for both customers who lease and own their equipment. Leasing covers the ird itself, not the dish, wiring, remotes, etc. Service calls may still be chargeable.

Why would anybody pay to protect DTV's property? Fix it or get it the hell out of my house.

lou_do

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 2, 2005
Central Maine
PATONENOW said:
The way I see it myself is once I own the equipment there never should be any further commitment except if I would lease or change things. I am in it to BUY programing and if I choose to do that there should be no 1 or 2 year commitment for the right for them to sell me any programing. I could see a 1 to 3 month commitment so not to abuse their paperwork process. So I will never rent or lease and if I need new things and buy STILL no commitment or I go elsewhere,period.
After all D* is a programing company and IF they want customers YOU are the deciding factor as to what you will or will not do or commit to. And WHY should anyone have to pay a $4.99 or $5.99 fee EXTRA for equipment you already own?
RENT is a whole different story as it is forever with no ownership or return of equilty ever.

D* has been adding 2 year commitments, on HD receivers, when ever you buy replacement equipment, for a long time now. Even though you own it and you had no commitment prior to having to replace the receiver. I replaced one back in October and they added a two year commitment to my bill. I don't think it is valid, as I never signed any paperwork with D* and the only paperwork I have from the sale of the new receiver, is a sales slip.

Last edited:

SAT75

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 9, 2006
***As far as the protection plan goes, it will be $5.99/month on leased accounts, and it will cover everything except the receiver, since D* owns the receiver and is already covering the receiver. The protection plan pricing on owned accounts will remain the same $5.99/7.99 depending on whether or not you have advanced receivers.***

This is what I was looking for. I was hoping someone would post this. When you lease you are leasing ONLY the IRD . NOTHING ELSE. PP covers EVERYTHING ELSE.

jake14mw

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 27, 2004
Central Connecticut
So how does this affect the retail stores and their stock? Will I be able to buy a DTivo on March 1? Or will the same equipment be available for "purchase" there at these prices and it will just be a lease? How about the HDTivo?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)