SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
DONORA PA
this is the final version

Attachments

• FINAL Lease Agreement Form - 013006[1].pdf
    128.2 KB · Views: 1,133
the form that signs away your life to DirecTV for 2 years ;)

bfg,

that was hot off the wires. any system or service call, upgrade etc after 1201 am 3.1.06 HAS to use these

Thank you for posting that, 5 days before we are required to use that form and Directv hasn't shipped any yet.

boba said:
Thank you for posting that, 5 days before we are required to use that form and Directv hasn't shipped any yet.

It's a *.pdf file, Dude. Just print it off of your computer.

mike and shappy,

that is exactly what the message was, if you dont have them in time, download and copy away!!!!!!!!

im NOT kidding.

Wait a sec. I have the protection plan. So if I have a service call I have to sign on for another two years? That can not be right.

as i hear it the lease takes the place of the mirror fees and includes the protection plan, hey they arent yours, the svc calls are on them.

dragon002 said:
as i hear it the lease takes the place of the mirror fees and includes the protection plan, hey they arent yours, the svc calls are on them.

Read the lease agreement. It sounds like the customer has to pay for repairs on their equipment.

Of course, you can BEG customer retention to waive the repair costs.

What happened to the GOOD OLD DAYS? When you had a receiver go bad, all you had to do was to go to Best Buy or Circuit City and buy a new one for $50 or so. They would activate it with no commitment.

Nobody mentioned that little line in there that said with our own equipment we are now going to get charged an extra $4.99 for our first receiver, unless we convert totally to lease.

They are about to turn off at least one half of all potential subs. A 12 month commitment is one thing but 2 years is ridiculous especially when its all just promises and vaporware right now. I think most people are just going to laugh and walk away at most retail outlets, and the other half that sign up probably didnt read the fine print.

From what I've heard, you can give back the hardware before the 2 years is up with little or no penalty. I guess they then lease it out to someone else.

vurbano said:
They are about to turn off at least one half of all potential subs. A 12 month commitment is one thing but 2 years is ridiculous especially when its all just promises and vaporware right now. I think most people are just going to laugh and walk away at most retail outlets, and the other half that sign up probably didnt read the fine print.

Well, it's already a 2 year for advanced receivers. No change there.

dcwebman said:
Nobody mentioned that little line in there that said with our own equipment we are now going to get charged an extra $4.99 for our first receiver, unless we convert totally to lease.

All I see is where it says if you own the equipment the second leased or additional leased receiver will be $4.99/month. Meaning the prices are the same as it is now.

This commitment thing is going too far. Forcing commitments is b.s. IMO.

Our time with D* isn't called loyalty anymore. Its called a sentence.

Ah, if it weren't for my addiction to the NFL...ugh.

ChrisPC said:
From what I've heard, you can give back the hardware before the 2 years is up with little or no penalty. I guess they then lease it out to someone else.
SORRY that ends Feb.28th under the lease you never own so you must return the equipment any way and you still get charged back under the contract possibly the biggest change under the lease plan.:) :) :)

ChrisPC said:

That is only true if you own ALL of your receivers, and your commitment is for owned equipment. Once you switch over to lease, and your commitment is on leased equipment, you are not able to return the leased or owned equipment to waive the cancellation fee. When you lease, D* owns the receivers, and so when you cancel, you must return the equipment anyways.

dcwebman said:

The $4.99 mirroring fee will continue to be waived on the primary owned receiver, and on leased receivers, the $4.99 lease fee will be charged on the primary receiver, and then credited back. Since the lease fee is an equipment fee, then you will end up paying federal equipment taxes on that fee, but will not be paying the actual fee itself on the primary receiver.

hdtvtechno said:
from what i see from this, is the equiptrment will be with no upfront costs

Only the customer will pay the 5.99 lease fee

There will still be upgrade fees for receivers under the new lease program. If you want to add another receiver, there will be an upgrade fee of $49 for a standard receiver, and then you will pay the $4.99 lease fee each month. So there will still be some upfront fees, but with the advanced receivers, those upfront costs have been reduced. the DVR upgrade fee is going to be $99, the HD fee will be $99, and I cannot remember exactly what the HD-DVR upgrade fee will be, but it will be somewhere around $299, or $399. If you get a DVR, DVR service will now be required, and I cannot remember if it will be the same with HD or not.

For each leased receviever, there will be a commitment required for your account. 1 year for standard receivers, and 2 years for advanced. However, if you purchase your equipment there will not be any new commitment. The prices are higher for purchasing equipment, but since you own the equipment, and you were not given any discount on it, then you are not required to have a commitment.

As far as the protection plan goes, it will be $5.99/month on leased accounts, and it will cover everything except the receiver, since D* owns the receiver and is already covering the receiver. The protection plan pricing on owned accounts will remain the same $5.99/7.99 depending on whether or not you have advanced receivers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts