New DirecTV only receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

AZ Designer

Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
New to the Forum. Custom AV Designer and Installer in AZ. Couple of questions.
What are the Model #'s of the new DirecTV sat receivers and can they be set to operate independantly of each other. Say, three receivers, all the same model #. Can I operate them seperately. Thanks

D11 basic receiver
R15 SD DVR
H20 HDTV receiver
Hr10-250 HD DVR
You will have trouble operating them independently if you stack them in the same rack. If they are in separate rooms no problem they use IR with the H20 having optional RF control.

AZ Designer said:
New to the Forum. Custom AV Designer and Installer in AZ. Couple of questions.
What are the Model #'s of the new DirecTV sat receivers and can they be set to operate independantly of each other. Say, three receivers, all the same model #. Can I operate them seperately. Thanks
Yes and no. You cannot operate three D10/D11 receivers independently of each other. You can operate two receivers independently by setting the receiver mode of one to DirecTV mode and the other to AV1/AV2 mode. If you add a H10/H20 to the list, you can set it to work on RF mode and cover the IR window to prevent the receiver responding to the DTV mode remote. Once the software upgrade is sent to the R15 to activate the RF feature and add the RF setup to the Remote menu, you can add the R15 to that mix also.

The older R10 SD DVRs (aka DTiVo) (still a few floating around) can be set to at least 5 (IIRC its 9) different receiver IR IDs.

Thanks for all the replys. Can I set #1 receiver to DirecTV mode, #2 receiver to AV1 and #3 receiver to AV2. All will need to be IR. All will be housed in the same location. I can do what I need with a Crestron or AMX, but customer doesn't want to pay for that. He does however want to operate them all with the same remote. Just looking for options. I don't really want to get into the IR routing, like using a Xantech IR router.

Call directv at 800-531-5000 and get connected to tech support. I say no only two addresses available but see what they say.

AZ Designer said:
Can I set #1 receiver to DirecTV mode, #2 receiver to AV1 and #3 receiver to AV2.
Unfortunately, no. It's either DTV mode or AV1/AV2 mode, so only two receivers would work together.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts