Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Here is the upcoming promotion from DIRECTV for new customers.

THE BEST OFFER EVER JUST GOT BETTER!

STARTING 7/19, THE BEST OFFER EVER NOW INCLUDES A 2nd YEAR OF REBATE SAVINGS & NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX!

From 7/19 – 10/3, the BEST OFFER EVER will give more new customers than ever the chance to get NFL SUNDAY TICKET included on CHOICE™ and above at no extra charge. But we didn’t stop there.

We’re expanding the offer to include NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX. So football fans will now also get mobile and online access, RED ZONE CHANNEL® and Short Cuts, at no extra charge!

Plus, from 7/19 – 8/29, you can offer your customers an additional $120 off with 2nd year rebate savings.

By combining this bigger and better football offering with 4 free upgrades on AP receivers, the opportunity to lock in two years of ARS and rebate savings plus more free premium movie channels, we’re giving you a great offer to help build your business.

Here are all the details for the BEST OFFER EVER!

With NFL SUNDAY TICKET you’ll get:

Every game, live every Sunday. All in HD.
Out-of-market games only.
Game Mix – Up to eight games live on one screen.
Player Tracker – Dominate your fantasy league. Track up to 18 players in real time, live, right on your screen.
With NFL SUNDAY TICKET MAX you get all the great features of
NFL SUNDAY TICKET, plus:

Mobile and Online Access – Every game, every Sunday, live on your laptop, tablet or cell phone.
RED ZONE CHANNEL® – Never miss a play inside the 20. Get all the final stats from around the league, in HD.
Short Cuts – See replays of entire games in less than 30 minutes.
4 FREE Upgrades on Advanced Product (AP) receivers

ENTERTAINMENT and above, MÁS ULTRA™ and above, PREFERRED CHOICE™
Low-risk customers only
Medium-risk customers pay $49 each for 2nd, 3rd and 4th HD Receivers
2 years of savings with Advanced Receiver Service

$10/mo. for 24 months
ENTERTAINMENT and above, OPTIMO MÁS ™ and above (Low-risk only), PREFERRED CHOICE™
Non-fee HD DVR customers only who enroll in and maintain qualifying package and Auto Bill Pay
NEW FOR ENTERTAINMENT! 3 FREE months of HBO®, STARZ®, SHOWTIME® and CINEMAX®

ENTERTAINMENT™ and above, MÁS ULTRA™ and above, PREFERRED CHOICE™
FREE DIRECTV CINEMA™ Connection Kit

All non-fee HD DVR customer
Rebate Savings

Up to $30/mo. on General Market packages
Up to $25/mo. on En Español packages
Up to $22/mo. on WorldDirect® packages
AND DON’T FORGET, CUSTOMERS CAN ALSO SAVE AN ADDITIONAL $120 WITH 2nd YEAR REBATE SAVINGS!

7/19 – 8/29
$10/mo. in months 13-24
ENTERTAINMENT and above
Low-risk only

Damn! I might actually be willing to break my contract with Dish. I figure in August, my cancel fee would be about the same as my current monthly payment. Hopefully the Viacom dispute won't last until mid-August.

Has anyone ever tried to negotiate a different incentive? I usually do not watch the nfl until the playoffs start so the Sunday ticket is useless to me, they could give it to me free from now on and would not sway me one way or the other. That being said, any chance I could get free college packages or a discount on an international package? Anyone ever tried something like this?

Has anyone ever tried to negotiate a different incentive? I usually do not watch the nfl until the playoffs start so the Sunday ticket is useless to me, they could give it to me free from now on and would not sway me one way or the other. That being said, any chance I could get free college packages or a discount on an international package? Anyone ever tried something like this?
i've never seen them run a new sub promotion for packages other than ST and the free 3 months of premium movie channels. usually if you sub to a package or premium sports pack like mlb ei/st, they'll try to get you to stick with that package when you cancel next season by offering a discount. never hurts to call and see what they are willing to do for you though

I wish they would give us subs the same deal on other sports packages. I would love to get a deal like this for EI.

So is this essentially the exact same thing as the current deal except they are throwing in Sunday Ticket Max instead of the normal Sunday Ticket? I'm more concerned with the monthly $$$ than jumping up to STMax. My Dish contract ends in August but I was going to go ahead and order this week and schedule the service installation when my Dish contract is up. But it sounds like I should wait until the 19th to subscribe?

But it sounds like I should wait until the 19th to subscribe?

I have this dilema too... what if they have higher fees then (i.e. the $5 off for 12 month promotion is gone).. I don't know all the details to compare...

I think ordering now and planning to install on the 20th or later would be useful because you could call in on the 19th when the new promos are in place and see if you can switch over if they are better...

It seems that existing customers aren't that important to DirecTV.
I can see the CSRs getting overloaded with requests for deals from existing subs.:)

i've never seen them run a new sub promotion for packages other than ST and the free 3 months of premium movie channels. usually if you sub to a package or premium sports pack like mlb ei/st, they'll try to get you to stick with that package when you cancel next season by offering a discount. never hurts to call and see what they are willing to do for you though

Thanks, lkr. I may give it a shot, I actually am shopping around and will probably go with Dish because the international package I need is closer to reasonable (international subs get hosed regardless of provider).

WTguy said:
Thanks, lkr. I may give it a shot, I actually am shopping around and will probably go with Dish because the international package I need is closer to reasonable (international subs get hosed regardless of provider).

I never understood why we couldn't get some international programming on D that was worth a damn

Sent from my iPhone

what is a low risk customer? is that their terminology for one with good credit?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts