New DirecTV Receivers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ddobson

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
Just curious what anyone knows about availability and pricing on these.

I wanted to look at the manual for the R10 so I went to DirecTV's web site under Customer Service to see the online manuals.

Under DirecTV brand receivers they now have more listed.

D-10 200
D-10 300

are now listed as well as the R10, R10-250 & D10

I read the forums all the time but this is the first I'd heard of the new receivers. Still looks like neither has RF Remote.

I found the answer to my own question. I guess those numbers simply refer to the manufacturer of the recevier and functionally the models are all exactly the same.

If this isn't right, someone can correct me.

Basically, you're right. The biggest difference in the three D10s is the menu system. The D10-100 (check the manufacturer code on the rear panel of the receiver) has a new style menu system, while the -200 carries over the Samsung menus and the -300 carries over the Philips menus.

BTW, any speculation as to why all the new receivers are all "10" s? I think I know, but I'm curious as to your ideas.

I really have no idea why the 10's... Maybe 10 months before it obsolete? :)

Sorry I'm just bitter over having spent money to get Interactive only to have it discontinued less than 6 months later. Now all the receivers I have bought won't work with the new Mosaic.

Oh well, but thanks a lot for the info on the D10's. I have one samsung receiver and hate the graphics and menu system on it. If I upgrade to a D10 I'll make sure it's not the Samsung version.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)