New DirecTV subscriber here. Couldn't be happier

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cavman

Original poster
May 27, 2009
Kansas City
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on these forums.

I have been lurking here for a while and recently pulled the trigger after getting a key question answered regarding MLB EI and the RSNs.

Am a first time satellite owner, coming from U-Verse (where I was very happy but they didn't offer it at my new home), and couldn't be more excited to be with DirecTV.

Actually had trouble sleeping last night thinking about all the great features of DirecTV: from the red button that brings up the scores, to the quick tune, to the "searching for blackout games on other channels", to the remote programming of the DVR, and on and on.

Customer service has been unbelievably friendly and nice. They actually remind me of employees of Southwest Airlines. Both companies' employees always seem to be happy and genuinely interested in helping.

Finally got the install done today around 2pm. All the channels look fantastic and I even added the MLB EI package online later this afternoon.

Was given the HR20-700 boxes (a little disappointed I didn't get the HR23s) but they seem to be working very well. Have even set one up remotely over the iPhone to record a Redsox game tomorrow night on NESN.

Still have some fears about rain fade/wind movement but I hope those will prove to be minor and/or unfounded.

Anyway, thank you all for your help and information. This is an excellent site and there are some very knowledgeable posters.

Cavman, I'll add my :welcome
I joined after Google'ing up a question about an NLH CI issue. The question was answered here. The guys here know their stuff. I've picked up a lot of info here.

I've been a DTV cust since '99 and have been overall satisfied. That said, their prices seem to be more expensive than Dish but I've stayed with DTV primarily due to their NFL ST exclusive pkg. I have Verizon FIOS phone & 'net svc at home and may switch to them down the road but it'll be awhile since the ST apparently will be DTV's until 2013 .

I've been fortunate with my dealings with DTV CS compared to some of the posts I've read here with others CS experiences.

:welcome

Hopefully rain fade won't be an issue for you. It's not for me except for maybe a couple of times a year. And then it only lasts for about 5 minutes. It can rain hard here and not have rain fade. I literally have to have a severe storm right in the path of the signal to effect me.

Welcome!

This is the second time someone said they got HR-20s installed.
Anyone know the reasoning? Are they making their way back into the distribution chain? Left over units?

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on these forums.

I have been lurking here for a while and recently pulled the trigger after getting a key question answered regarding MLB EI and the RSNs.

Am a first time satellite owner, coming from U-Verse (where I was very happy but they didn't offer it at my new home), and couldn't be more excited to be with DirecTV.

Actually had trouble sleeping last night thinking about all the great features of DirecTV: from the red button that brings up the scores, to the quick tune, to the "searching for blackout games on other channels", to the remote programming of the DVR, and on and on.

Customer service has been unbelievably friendly and nice. They actually remind me of employees of Southwest Airlines. Both companies' employees always seem to be happy and genuinely interested in helping.

Finally got the install done today around 2pm. All the channels look fantastic and I even added the MLB EI package online later this afternoon.

Was given the HR20-700 boxes (a little disappointed I didn't get the HR23s) but they seem to be working very well. Have even set one up remotely over the iPhone to record a Redsox game tomorrow night on NESN.

Still have some fears about rain fade/wind movement but I hope those will prove to be minor and/or unfounded.

Anyway, thank you all for your help and information. This is an excellent site and there are some very knowledgeable posters.

Actually my HR20-700 is my most reliable & fastest (scrolling) unit, I think you'll end up happy with it.

Also, what do you like better than U-verse, the picture quality, the DVR, or...

I was curious because I have a friend with Uverse, and the picture dos not seem as good as mine, but I did not know if it was the TV or the provider.

Welcome!

This is the second time someone said they got HR-20s installed.
Anyone know the reasoning? Are they making their way back into the distribution chain? Left over units?
I just got installed two weeks ago and got HR20-700s. I thought it just was because I'm in a market where locals aren't offered. I'm so far satisfied with them, and I didn't have to get the AM-21's for OTA integration.

Thanks for the warm welcome

>>>Also, what do you like better than U-verse, the picture quality, the DVR, or...

I was curious because I have a friend with Uverse, and the picture dos not seem as good as mine, but I did not know if it was the TV or the provider.<<<<

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Really appreciate it.

As for the question above, I actually really liked U-Verse. They have a great line-up of HD channels (more movie channels in HD than DirecTV) and the picture quality was pretty good (not quite as sharp as DirecTV), but they don't offer it where my new house is and I also got tired of the 2 High Definition channels (simultaneously) limitation.

U-Verse's "whole home DVR" is really sweet though. Looking forward to Multi Room Viewing from DirecTV being rolled out sometime soon.

Oh, and I also now have a subscription to Sunday Ticket, Superfan and ESPN Gameplan....should be set for Football Season!

Thanks again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)