New DIRECTV Subscriber

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
Well,I finally pulled the trigger & got D*. I scheduled my install for next Thursday because I had a tree company come in today to remove 3 trees(including a gum tree). I scheduled my install for a week later because I thought the tree cutting would take more than one day to do. But,it's 3PM now & they have all three trees down & are cleaning up. Can I reschedule for an earlier install date with D*?

Well,I finally pulled the trigger & got D*. I scheduled my install for next Thursday because I had a tree company come in today to remove 3 trees(including a gum tree). I scheduled my install for a week later because I thought the tree cutting would take more than one day to do. But,it's 3PM now & they have all three trees down & are cleaning up. Can I reschedule for an earlier install date with D*?

You can call and try. It all depends if they have anything open.

:welcome to D* world. You'll like it.

If I were a tree in your yard, I'd be :river just kidding. I remember when I bought my house, I scoped out that "southern sky" view big-time before signing that mortgage paper. Since I had good line of sight for the C-Band dish, when DTV came along, I was ok.

:welcome to D* world. You'll like it.

If I were a tree in your yard, I'd be :river just kidding. I remember when I bought my house, I scoped out that "southern sky" view big-time before signing that mortgage paper. Since I had good line of sight for the C-Band dish, when DTV came along, I was ok.
cry.gif
:devil::devil: just kidding.................. :D

:clap:clap That's classic. Where did you get that tree pic? :haha

I like trees, but I have to go over to Mom's tomorrow with that chain saw and trim them AGAIN. Every year one of her trees grows close to her DTV HD dish. Can't chop it down thogh....long story.

:clap:clap That's classic. Where did you get that tree pic? :haha

I like trees, but I have to go over to Mom's tomorrow with that chain saw and trim them AGAIN. Every year one of her trees grows close to her DTV HD dish. Can't chop it down thogh....long story.
:up:up:D

Thanks for welcoming me. The price for cutting down those three trees may have seemed expensive,but I got my estimate on the price this past Tuesday,& they were here around 8 AM Thursday,& they were finished at 3:30 PM. The gum tree was the most labor intensive for them. It took them half a day to cut it down. The other two were pine trees & were gone lickety split. I'll stick with my original install date. I have an audio/video stand on order so I can place the DTV HD receiver on it. Man,I can't wait.

What kind of equipment did you order, you mentioned a HD receiver, but did you get it dvr too? Any other boxes to speak of?

I'm getting an HD DVR. I ordered straight from D*'s website,so I'm not exactly sure what HD DVR model I'll get. I'm getting just one receiver to get my foot in the door. Later,depending on what model HD DVR I get,I'll get an HR23 HD DVR & put it in another room. I'm living with my mother who has had a stroke,& she'd appreciate being able to watch Great American Country &,if it's[Versus] still on D*,Versus' Bull Riding. I'll just wait to see what comes next Thursday & take it from there. I've got the Premier Package,NFL Superfan,which I'm paying off in one payment,& the D* magazine,which I am also paying off in one payment.

Wow,Charter Cable is pulling all stops to remind me why I'm glad to be getting D* this Thursday. First off,this morning we lost cable,internet,& telephone service for about 30 mins-1 hr.(This seems to happen more frequently now.This is the main reason I decided to go with D*). Now the picture is pixilating. I say to myself,"that's ok,I'm getting D* this Thursday." Next month(October),I plan on putting up an outdoor antenna for OTA broadcasts not carried by D* or Charter. That way I'll have three options for TV instead of one right now.

I had Charter a few years back Before I went with E*. Pretty much the same here. We didn't need the wind to blow or any bad weather. I would go out for hours. Always had channels that had snow or voice sync issues.

I felt bad about the tree's that had to go, But we planted a few in the front yard. And donated to the arbon! Made us feel better.

You made the right choice

jet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts