New Directv Tivo coming soon?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well depending how good it is and how cheap, This will be my deciding factor on whether I'll remain a customer after spring.
Since D* turned me away from MRV because of the crazy price, I'll look forward to trying out the Tivo!

Well depending how good it is and how cheap, This will be my deciding factor on whether I'll remain a customer after spring.
Since D* turned me away from MRV because of the crazy price, I'll look forward to trying out the Tivo!

You could do mrv with cat5 cables, unsupported though.

I hear a few people were shown it "behind closed doors" at CES and from the ones that reported to me they were not impressed with it... at all.

Lack of TIVO is one of the things that drove my wife and I away from Directv. MRV is useless to me. Give me a TIVO at a decent price, and I just might reconsider Directv. If it works as well as the Hr10-250, sign me up. Directv's GUI looks like it was done with a crayon. Well I take that back, TWO crayons. And despite many many updates, it still isn't as nice as the TIVO was. A good friend of mine has an HR24, and when I pick up the remote, I STILL shake my head in amazement that people pay good money for such antiquated equipment and GUI's. I have FTA boxes that have better GUI's.

I thought you were going the ethernet route

I won't miss what I don't have (MRV) but terribly miss what I did have for years, a TiVo! I welcome a new DirecTiVo HD no matter what features it lacks. Anything is better than these slow DTV DVRs.

I dont have MRV on DIRECTV, but after seeing it at CES and the Entropic booth... I am really kicking myself for not having it installed now. It is AMAZING!

I won't miss what I don't have (MRV) but terribly miss what I did have for years, a TiVo! I welcome a new DirecTiVo HD no matter what features it lacks. Anything is better than these slow DTV DVRs.

If these new receivers are similar to the new Premier TIVOs then you are going to love the super slow interface they have now. A lot slower than older tivos.

Soon is the most abused word in the technology world.

I'm not sure that at least a quarter away qualifies as "soon".

And in the case of a DirecTV Tivo unit, could be much longer than that! This isn't the first time a unit has been talked about or claimed to have been seen in one fashion or another. I'll believe it when I see it. But honestly, I think that TIVO on DirecTV is no big deal as the HRs have come a long way.

Let us pray to God that D* does not go to back to TiVo.

First off, the D* programming is a lot more user friendly.
Second, let us not put on our installers or CSR's a need to explain 2 totally different types of DVR's.

That being said, I don't think it will happen as D* is putting a lot in to the MRV and they have their own DVR programming and currently do not have to pay royalties to TiVo.
No advantages to TiVo over what they have IMO.

No MRV would mean a no go for me.

Wouldn't this receiver get you the automatic contract extension?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts