New Dish 1000.2... No 129

ghostyroastytoasty

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 24, 2005
Beckley, WV
I have a Vip 622... Kept existing wiring from Dish to TV and I also have 61.5 on the input on the 1000.2 . All three have good connections, except for the 129, and it has a good connection, but no signal,when I check the details on the check switch menu. Any suggestions???

Double check that the mast is plumb and that the skew is correct. The skew being off will really mess with the 110 and/or 129 on a dish 1000.2.

THank your stars that you don't see 129 and you can use 61.5 instead. I have a dish 1000.2 and I have aluminum foil over 129 lnb just so it will use 61.5 for my national hd channels. THe 129 sat would flucuate so much that the sound and picture would go out several times in any recording giving me a message popup: lost part of recording due to signal loss.

Yeah, my locals are on 129, that is why I want 129... I do have 61.5, but I really want my locals.

110 and 119, the signals are fine, so I thought that 129 would pick right up...Am I wrong in this assumption? Should I redo the skew a little?

Satelliteorder on switch... 119, 110, conn (should be 129), 61.5

Start with a strong transponder on 129, 12 is good. Find that, then change to a weaker one and get a good signal. Assuming skew and plumb are correct, 110 and 119 should still be there.

what is plumb?? Sorry newb here...

If I end up not getting a signal possibly because of los, Since I get 110 and 119, it could be feasible to move up my installation about 5 feet, correct?

THank your stars that you don't see 129 and you can use 61.5 instead. I have a dish 1000.2 and I have aluminum foil over 129 lnb just so it will use 61.5 for my national hd channels. THe 129 sat would flucuate so much that the sound and picture would go out several times in any recording giving me a message popup: lost part of recording due to signal loss.

One would think that they would have a "voting" system, similar to those used in two-way radio systems, to choose the best satellite for a given channel if you can see more than one with mirrored content. But once I get my 722 I may do the same with my 1000.2. I have a 61.5 wing dish with much better signal, and it's only a 300 type. Only nationals for me as well.

sigmtr

sorry for the shorthand. "plumb" means the mast or pole the dish is mounted on is perfectly level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)