New Dish 1100????

gui888

Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
New Dish 1100???? - No mystery solved!

The Tallahassee locals were recently upgraded to HD (129 spot 14). I get a signal strength of 25-35 with my 1000.2 set up 110/119/129. However, every mid-day and late evening all 4 stations freeze or pixalize. I know that we are on the outer edge of the spot (zip 39819), but still well within the green zone. No problems with other HD channels. E* has been out 3 times, changed out the 722, repointed etc. Still happens. Latest solution from the home office - a special dish 1100? I have no idea what they are talking about, but they are coming on Monday to install. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
The dish is mounted on a pole in the ground. There are no trees anywhere near. I got a call from the supervisor of the Albany Ga. office, before he sent a tech out he wanted the details (very nice) he was wondering why I needed a 1000.4 dish (mystery solved) since that is an eastern arc dish and my locals are on 129 only. I told him that was what I was told by CSR, he laughed very hard! He will be coming out himself tomorrow. Let's hope he has some luck.

The dish is mounted on a pole in the ground. There are no trees anywhere near. I got a call from the supervisor of the Albany Ga. office, before he sent a tech out he wanted the details (very nice) he was wondering why I needed a 1000.4 dish (mystery solved) since that is an eastern arc dish and my locals are on 129 only. I told him that was what I was told by CSR, he laughed very hard! He will be coming out himself tomorrow. Let's hope he has some luck.

The 1000.4 Dish is not designed for the 129 satellite.

Correct! So, there is actually no 1100 and as usual CSR's are clueless about the products they sell.

I'm surprised they did not rename the dishes from 1000.2 to Super Duo West and the 1000.4 to Super Duo East.

For that matter, they could have renamed Ciel 2 to Super DuperInTheSky Duo Duo Duo 129?

;)

I'm surprised they did not rename the dishes from 1000.2 to Super Duo West and the 1000.4 to Super Duo East.

For that matter, they could have renamed Ciel 2 to Super DuperInTheSky Duo Duo Duo 129?

;)

HA!
crap

atcually eastern would be triple solo
and western would be solo, and double duo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts