NEW DISH 2008 Promos

TexSatGirl

Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
An installer who installed me told me some info about the new promos for 2008, starting feb 1st. i was asking a lot of questions about the new price increases and he told me a lot and i thought you all should know.

1. no more 18 month contract, now will be 24 months for all commits, upgrades, and for free movers.
2. the free insurance will only be for 9 months, not 12 with a contract.
3. no more free hd for 6 months
4. no more free hbo.max
5. you will get like three credits of 40 dollars with the new dha24, one on the first bill, a second on the 10month bill, and the third on the 20month bill. these will be the only contract discounts. he said if you are late once, then you wont qualify for the following discounts.
6. there will be a new ten dollar hd pack
7. that new rec, the 721 or 712, whatever it is will only count as one tunder for the "leased tuner"policy i think it is. he told me when i ugraded later if i got another hd tv i could get two 612 along with my 722 i just got and still be ok with the leased rules.
8. there will be no more mail in rebates to have to deal with. they are just going to have a low flat upfront price for upgrades.

he siad a few things more, but this was all i could remember. a lot might jsut be rumors he heard he said, but we will see. would be nice if they added tv-one and logo to the line up.

i think if your gonna sign up for dish hd you need to do it before the end of the month to get the better deal

Yes its accurate, and disapointing.

Dish looks like it wants to stop sales of its product instead of wow people to bring them in.

Sometimes I shake my head when I see whats going on at that company.

Dish looks like it's trying to bring it's own stock price down for an easier sale....

Well its a new year and almost all TV Providers have done a price increase and have offered very little promos. So its just not Dish they all done about the same thing.

D* lowered the price of their DVR and has some decent promos.

Yeah but Direct and allot of the cable companies had a price increase on their plans. Some might offer some better promos than others but when its all said and done they all do about the same thing..

Yeah but Direct and allot of the cable companies had a price increase on their plans. Some might offer some better promos than others but when its all said and done they all do about the same thing..

Take off your blinders pal. Your DISH ship is sinking fast.

This conversation is not about raising rates. It is about the lousy promos that DISH is offering, and in their present situation, that is bad.

I don't know, though. "Lousy" all depends on the individual situation. For me, on 2/1, I'm upgrading my 811 to a 211 and changing my old 9.99 HD Pak for the new $10 HD essentials. So my monthly bill will change by .01 and I'll get a bunch more HD channels. So, for me, it works.

I don't know, though. "Lousy" all depends on the individual situation. For me, on 2/1, I'm upgrading my 811 to a 211 and changing my old 9.99 HD Pak for the new $10 HD essentials. So my monthly bill will change by .01 and I'll get a bunch more HD channels. So, for me, it works.

Unless you purhased that 211, don't forget to add the $6 monthly lease fee that will be charged for the 211.

Unless you purhased that 211, don't forget to add the $6 monthly lease fee that will be charged for the 211.

I already lease all my receivers, so fees aren't an issue. But I forgot to add the extra $1.00 because my 811 fee was only $5. So, I stand corrected. For $1.01 extra per month I'll get 15 new HD channels.

I already lease all my receivers, so fees aren't an issue. But I forgot to add the extra $1.00 because my 811 fee was only $5. So, I stand corrected. For $1.01 extra per month I'll get 15 new HD channels.

Fair enough...just making sure they didn't slip one by ya! :up

The 1 cent Cinemax deal is new and it is good for two years. All you have to do is call in next January and renew it for anoth 1 cents. And it is for existing customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)