NEW DISH 2008 Promos

I seem to remember that Charlie said they were moving away from all those Crazy promotions because it confuses people when they end. I can see that, since DISH will give you 3 free months of a premium pack, but you will only get it for two actual months before they actually start charging the regular price for the premium. Due to the fact that DISH charges two months in advance for all their programming. THis is what causes confusion. DIRECtv doesn't do this . They charge month to month. I can see now how many subs call up on that third month and say why am I being charged for showtime at full price , since I only had it for two months?

Dish Network is probably giving up on the real good promotions until they get their new satellites launched. After that then they can compete a lot better on the HD front against DirecTv and perhaps offer a promotion for the extended HD package. It will be interesting to see how many fewer subscribers Dish will add once again. Last time I heard they added 100K compared to DirecTv's 250K and that was third quarter last year with 4th quarter looking even less promising for Dish.

I seem to remember that Charlie said they were moving away from all those Crazy promotions because it confuses people when they end. I can see that, since DISH will give you 3 free months of a premium pack, but you will only get it for two actual months before they actually start charging the regular price for the premium. Due to the fact that DISH charges two months in advance for all their programming. THis is what causes confusion. DIRECtv doesn't do this . They charge month to month. I can see now how many subs call up on that third month and say why am I being charged for showtime at full price , since I only had it for two months?

D* does charge for a month ahead,
and E* charges one month ahead also,
they are the same,i have both right now and both are paid a month aheadbased on the statement they send me

The first payment you make for DISH is for 2 months of service upfront. IF you take a FREE 3 month subscription for Hbo/showtime/etc they will include the first two months that you pay for as your first two months of the three month commitment. THat is why at the end of month 2 they are already to charge you for the HBo or Showtime full price. THis causes confusion to subs who think they are getting a full 3 physical months and they get charged for the subscription being that they are always a month a head . That is why Charlie said that promotions cause to much confusion and hard feelings by subs who don't "understand' the way the "crazy" promotions work.

I have Directv also and I am one month a head on my bill . The difference is that DISH charges you at the end of the first month for 2 months service ahead and Directv charged me about a week after I got my install for the first month. I don't remember paying for two months ahead with Directv.

I already lease all my receivers, so fees aren't an issue. But I forgot to add the extra $1.00 because my 811 fee was only $5. So, I stand corrected. For $1.01 extra per month I'll get 15 new HD channels.

If you have 2 leased receivers, do you have to pay $6 for each
=$12 per month or do they not charge it on the first rec?

Before around this time last year leased promos had a $6 leased fee for every leased receiver even if you only had 1 receiver on the acct. With the current promos there is no leased fee of $6, just a $5 addit. receiver fee thats called a leased fee on the bill if your addit. receiver is leased.

The first payment you make for DISH is for 2 months of service upfront. IF you take a FREE 3 month subscription for Hbo/showtime/etc they will include the first two months that you pay for as your first two months of the three month commitment. THat is why at the end of month 2 they are already to charge you for the HBo or Showtime full price. THis causes confusion to subs who think they are getting a full 3 physical months and they get charged for the subscription being that they are always a month a head . That is why Charlie said that promotions cause to much confusion and hard feelings by subs who don't "understand' the way the "crazy" promotions work.

I have Directv also and I am one month a head on my bill . The difference is that DISH charges you at the end of the first month for 2 months service ahead and Directv charged me about a week after I got my install for the first month. I don't remember paying for two months ahead with Directv.

Its confusing yes. But it is 3 months. As long as you remove the offer before 3 months. Your 3rd bill will credited $22

I called yesterday about getting a 722 to replace my 921, CSR said 199.00 and he would take the 99.00 off then I could get 100.00 rebate which would make it free. Tomorrow we won't have to mess with a rebate but will I still get it free or should I call today and do the rebate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)