New dish 34" hdtv and/or 811 my be a lemon???

cobalt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 19, 2004
Installers came out today and installed my 999 package. Things have gone fine until about 2 hours ago and I get green rectangles going across my screen on the top and bottom (see link below) This only happens with the r/g/b cable and the dvi cable. The svideo works fine. So I cant tell if its a bad 811 or if the tv is at fault. Get the same lines with sd and hd. Im at a loss. Called the dish tech and he said some one would be out to take a look next week. Really worried because I don't wont to lug this tv to the rca repair center. Any one else have a similar problem.

Attachments

• probtube.jpg
    probtube.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 239
I had the EXACT same problem with my 811. Dish replaced my receiver free of charge.

While waiting for the replacement receiver I found that the only way to get rid of the lines is to unplug the 811 for a few minutes. Another trick is to power off the 811 when its not in use.

Frank Solich said:
I had the EXACT same problem with my 811. Dish replaced my receiver free of charge.

While waiting for the replacement receiver I found that the only way to get rid of the lines is to unplug the 811 for a few minutes. Another trick is to power off the 811 when its not in use.

Thanks for the post Frank it sets my mind at ease alittle - Didn't want to lung the tv to a service center. Dish wants to come out and check it - Did they just ship you a new receiver with out the service call. Thanks again for the information.

Yes, the receiver was shipped without a service call. I ordered all my equipment from Dish so there isn't a local dealer that could come to my house and inspect my equipment.
If they want to waste the time coming to your house to check out you 811 let em. Just be sure to tell Dish that heads will roll if they miss their appointment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)