New Dish Anywhere problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tony S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Hills of Eastern CT
Today, when I started Dish Anywhere on my PC, I selected 'Guide" and a message box was displayed that said:

Unsupported software

We apologize for the inconvenience. Dish Anywhere no longer supports your Sling Adapter. To continue
enjoying Dish Anywhere, call 800-333-DISH and upgrade to a Hopper with Sling!

Funny thing is ...I already have a Hopper with Sling! I have never seen this error before. Is this happening to anyone else?

EDIT: I just tried it again, and now I am logged in with someone else's account! (Lincoln, Nebraska, I live in CT). Same problem as last week. I thought that was fixed! Logged in - wrong account

EDIT: When I try to watch one of the Lincoln Nebraska stations, I get the 'Unsupported software' message that I posted above.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
I got that message awhile back on my laptop, but DA worked ok on my phone and Firestick. I cleared the DA cache and cookies in Chrome on the laptop and DA worked properly again.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It turned out that the problem was due to me being logged in to someone else's account. The person whose account I was logged in to (in Nebraska) had a 722 with a Sling adapter.

I logged out, then logged in again. This time it logged me in correctly and Dish Anywhere started to work again.

It really sucks that the problem of logging in to someone else's account has not been fixed!

On my fire stick I have to log in and re authorize my device every few days. Not sure why my Netflix and other apps are maybe once every three months or so.

FYI: Today when I was logged in to someone else's account, I did not actually log in. Dish Anywhere remembered my login from yesterday, then it logged me in to someone's account in Lincoln, Nebraska. Dish Anywhere did that all by itself!

(I am mentioning this in the hope that this might help Dish techs to troubleshoot and fix this issue).

Reactions: NYDutch
FYI: Today when I was logged in to someone else's account, I did not actually log in. Dish Anywhere remembered my login from yesterday, then it logged me in to someone's account in Lincoln, Nebraska. Dish Anywhere did that all by itself!

(I am mentioning this in the hope that this might help Dish techs to troubleshoot and fix this issue).
It was also mentioned in another thread. So you're not the only one.

Reactions: NYDutch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)