New Dish configuration equipment questions

mountain

Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
NC
I looking to switch to dish from directv because dish's new sat is higher and not in line with a number of tree now.
I have been on the phone with dish and chat and can't seem to confirm any configuration with them. They want to push me in one direction which is not what I want. I would love whole house dvr as I have ethernet to all locations but don't think that is possible or is it.

I have three HD tv nows. I was going to get two 722 dvr and one hd receiver.
I want the 722 so it can two record two shows while watching one recording.
I'm being told to get one 722 and one hd receiver. They tell me the third tv can connect to the one 722 via UF??

We currently have one dual turner Directv DVR and three receivers hooked up to tivos(single coax) as I have a multiswitch and don't have two coax runs to allow dual turners operation.
I would love to have the two 722 and be able to watch recorded shows on either unit from any of the three tv but can't seem to get a answer on that. I have ethernet at all locations. This configuration would allow me to record four show at once assuming there were four I want and watch any recorded show. I'm trying to remove the tivos from the setup as tivo seems to have gone to cable supported tivos now.
Thanks
ps not sure about the fox annoucement as I love House.

You could get 2 722k's and a 211k (single tuner HD). This could possibly run 5 tv's, 3 HD 2 sd tv2's from the 722's. Keep in mind the 2 722's would not be able to communicate with each other. Whatever is on one receiver couldn't be viewed on the other, You would also incur "Dual Tuner" fees, you could also get 2 612 receivers (one HD tv DVR $10 a month fee for each) and a 211k.

I guess if the two 722 can't see each other than the cost is not worth it. The reason was trying to get a whole house that could see shows on either one dvr or two. It appears even with one 722 I would not be able to see recordings on this dvr from the three tv's.
Can a tivo work with these like the direct receiver throught IR?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)